A Marie Laveau Spell

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by guy fawkes, Nov 15, 2008.

1. guy fawkes Ghost

Message Count:
  2. Fullmoondolphin Spirit

Message Count:
    Now that gave me a good giggle! I wonder how many people have actually tried this? I'd be scared to - with my luck it would actually work in some odd way and I'd end up with some psychotic twit on my doorstep! LMAO! :D
  3. guy fawkes Ghost

Message Count:
    Lmao. I'm not as bad as I used to be ,the medication is helping. Now what was your address again? lol
  4. Fullmoondolphin Spirit

Message Count:
    ROTFL! Just mildly psychotic then - no problem! :p
  5. tru2blu4u Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Heh.. People have been making X's on her tomb forever and asking for wishes and spells.
    wow @ the internet. lol
  6. guy fawkes Ghost

Message Count:
    Are you gonna try it? lol

Actually, this isn't her tomb but rather the tomb of her daughter. Marie Laveau is buried under her married name, Glapion, in the Glapion family crypt in St. Louis Cemetary #2. But a tomb with the name Laveau on it is good for tourism I guess. Some swear she knew the " conjurors sacrifice" and is still alive. Strange things happen down here.
  7. melissa77 Ghost

Message Count:
    yeah i don't think i'd risk it... you never know. interesting though!!!

you wouldn't believe how many times in the past year people have either asked me to cast a spell on someone or remove a spell "curse". of course i do neither. is it just me or are spells more rampant these days? hm.
  8. guy fawkes Ghost

Message Count:
    Mel thank you for telling them no. lol
  9. melissa77 Ghost

Message Count:
    when it comes to things like that, i don't mess around. first of all, i would have no clue, and second of all, i'd probably screw it up and it would effect me. overall, i just don't find it to be a good idea for any involvement from me. i am always surprised hwo many people use spells as a last resort. i for one would never want to be with someone who was with me because of spell work, but that's just me.

as far as people wanting me to remove their curses, i feel that their own psyche does a fine job of perpetuating certain events and everything because of the power of suggestion. especially, when they tell me they've been to other psychics who have been paid to remove the curse, but it's still there. there are horrid people in this world who will tell anyone anything to make a buck. with those particular people, the ones who have been to others first, i always explain to them that they need to stop believing in it. days or weeks later they tell me they no longer feel cursed.

i do however believe that in certain scenarios it is real. i am not one to deny anything just because i have either not experienced it or witnessed it. there is plenty out there that is real, even if we can't explain it.

all in all, i think most people shouldn't involve themselves in spellwork, simply because there are probably great consequences associated with it, and i revere the unknown too much to treat it as a joke.

sadly though, i think most "spells", especially the ones that people are told of, are wreaking havoc due to the "victim's" own subconscious.
  10. tru2blu4u Super Moderator

Message Count:
    That is true mostly.. because people tell others about it and their own fear makes everything that might normally happen to someone like stubbing their toe.. be caused by the spell or hex... silly example.. but it's true.

any spell work I ever did.. I didn't tell anyone.. I don't see the purpose in that.. it has to work on it's own strength... to be a success... at least in my eyes.
  11. glamgrl2003 Spirit

Message Count:
    Guy both of the laveau's were well practiced in voodoo. In alot of folk lore they are mixed up as being the same person although one is the daughter and one the mother. (i just read a great book on them;) ) But i still didnt know that was the tomb of the younger. Great fact!!
  12. melissa77 Ghost

Message Count:
    i totally get you. i'm saying that the majority of people i run across with these problems stem from their own subconscious ability to manifest incidents, all seemingly correlating to "spells", because they're usually told about them, which seems to hold more value because they DO know. otherwise, if they didn't know, they would just think of themselves as unlucky.
  13. guy fawkes Ghost

Message Count:
    Mel down here when something happens that's the first thing people think of, someone is working a spell. People have actually been killed over this stuff. I don't know if it works or not but enough people believe in it for me to leave it alone.
  14. melissa77 Ghost

Message Count:
    you are right... i lived in louisiana when i was a little girl, and it is a big deal down there. definitely not for me! lol
  15. Fullmoondolphin Spirit

Message Count:
    Spells can definitely work. I do spellwork on occasion, and I can honestly say I've never cast a spell that didn't work. I normally do not do spellwork for other people though - I personally do not believe it's a good thing, except in rare cases. That's just me though - there are some who don't see a problem with that, and I say to each his or her own. One has to bear in mind that there are many different types of spells. Not all are related to curses and misfortune. Curses and hexes can most certainly work, but for the most part it tends to be the power of suggestion that gets people thinking they are cursed, from what I've come across. Very often if someone tries to cast a hex or curse, they simply end up with it backfiring on themselves, and not affecting the intended victim at all. However, if done properly, they can work - definitely not for the faint of heart or the novice to fiddle with, though.

Personally, I don't like to see anyone fooling with spellwork - for whatever purpose - unless they have some training or at least a good background in a similar area of practice. Just as I don't like to see people fooling around with mediumship without some training. In most cases, it doesn't result in much, if anything at all. But some people whose abilities are more "on the surface", as it were, can often end up with results, and the unfortunate thing is that those results can be rather nasty - usually for the person doing the dabbling - when the person doesn't know what he or she is doing.

So I'm glad that you don't go there, Melissa. As for the ones who charge to remove curses - I'm sure there are some who are legitimate, but I've never come across any. The ones I've come across are the ones who charge, then get the "victim" all convinced that it might take several attempts, and that they are still cursed, so that they can charge some more. It's usually a huge scam, and usually done by people who don't know anything about actually doing spellwork. Drives me nuts, because it rips people off big time, and it gives the legitimate people a bad name.
  16. guy fawkes Ghost

Message Count:
    Until Maggie came along I didn't believe in the paranormal either, so I have a lot to learn.
  17. moonburn Super Moderator

Message Count:
    I'm willing to try it. But I'm gonna modify it a bit, because A. I believe that Marie Laveau has passed on and B. I have a girlfriend.

So I'm gonna replace her with Saint Gabriel the Archangel (just to keep it real, Hoodoo style). Then I'm gonna ask him to spread his influence over GP to help create and maintain harmony.
  18. tru2blu4u Super Moderator

Message Count:
    hmmm interesting thought moonie..;)
  19. moonburn Super Moderator

Message Count:
    I can even buy some Grains of Paradise to hang behind his photo.

I think I'll make this a Sunday project. Yeah! I'll have Silver document the whole thing and I'll post it in Ghost Talk (cause Hoodoo isn't really about religion).

This means I'll have to shave...
  20. tru2blu4u Super Moderator

Message Count:
    hmmm a video of you.. freshly shaved.. folding up paper and burning it.. lets go get popcorn..
    lol kidding..
    smooch