Can a ghost or demon kill you?

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by Cruesink, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Cruesink Ghost

Message Count:
    I was wondering do you think demons or ghost can kill you?? DO you think thats maybe why there are so many unsolved murders in our world?
  2. bluecrush Spirit

Message Count:
    I don't think that they can kill you, as in murder, but I do believe that they can cause someone to die of fright.
    The unsolved murder question...Nah.
  3. guy fawkes Ghost

Message Count:
    Good question. I believe demons can create situations where a person can die or cause their own death. But outright murder, I doubt. If a demon could take on a human spirit or take over a human completely that being mind and body, maybe. I don't know that much about posession.
  4. tru2blu4u Super Moderator

Message Count:
    I must agree..I think a spirit.. may be able to literally scare someone to death..or drive them mad.. so they end their own delusional suffering.
  5. Necrotech Ghost

Message Count:
    Theoretically atleast, a ghost or demon who demonstrated poltergiest-like abilities could murder a person just as easily as another living human could if it so desired. Admittedly, I can't think of any examples.
  6. Tantric Kitten Spirit

Message Count:
    Short answer, no. A ghost or demon cannot do any sort of physical harm to a person unless the person lets them.

That said, they can mess with you and mess with your mind to the point that you commit suicide or are careless and die accidentally.
  7. Maniackilla32 Spirit

Message Count:
    I think it is all circumstantial,a ghost or demon certainly have the ability to move physical objects.So whos to say they cant throw a butcher knife at your neckbone?I think most ghost do not murder because if they are that agravated with a individual they want them to suffer for a long time,a short abrupt death would not satisfy a truly scorn spirit.Also if they kill you and you are aware of the entity that killed you once your a spirit you might be able to kick there ass.

As for demons....my best theory on this is it would depend on the certain demon you are dealing with.Its been my expirence that most are very calm and collective but there is those that are very inpulsive and reckless.With that said if you threatened their exsistance I beleave they have the ability to end a mortals life just like we could kill a wild animal if they threaten us.

Also if a ghost or demon did kill a person most would never even know as a coroner does not rule in favor of a murder by spirit,so heres a thought how many "incidents" can be ruled a possible murder by spirit or demon....

Or I could be completly wrong and they just dont want to go to ghost jail.
  8. spuke Ghost

Message Count:
    i think they can confuse or mislead a person into an accident and thus get them killed.i know that thai people believe a ghost can alter a reflection in a mirror.thus,i've seen that at a blind intersection with a traffic mirror,thai people do not trust the mirror because a ghost could make it appear as if there was no oncoming traffic and thus cause an accident.
  9. Bergman Spirit

Message Count:
    Well, there is a video where a ghost is trying to hang a man whit a cord.
    Fortunate he was tall enough to unhook himself from the nail.
  10. Necrotech Ghost

Message Count:
    Where is this video? How exactly was the ghost trying to hang the person from a cord affixed by a nail, especially if he was tall enough to just unhook it?

BTW, I just thought of an historical example of a spirit murdering a living human: The Bell Witch of Tennessee.

*Here* is another example of a spirit violently attacking someone from Kansas.
  11. tru2blu4u Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Not all spirits are ghosts..some spirits hold great power.. and are very able to manipulate a person.. and some are very able to touch, push.. move items.. basically terrorize someone...

All things in the spirit world.. that we know about.. is a minute fraction of what is really going on.. which is why so many people are on a quest to gain information.

I can't say that I know.. if a spirit could kill a live person.. but it is possible.
  12. BadBoy Ghost

Message Count:
    I believe that a spirit can do just about anything they want. But why would they want to kill us? We are too much fun as pets for them.
  13. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Hi..

While I do not believe a ghost or some other variety of spirit can actually murder a human being, I do think they can set that person up so that injury or death could occur.

Some spirits have the ability to move objects, even push humans down stairs.. This certainly has the potential for harm.

Of course they can frighten a person out of his wits, resulting in panic injuries..

Muriel!
  14. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Hi..

While I do not believe a ghost or some other variety of spirit can actually murder a human being, I do think they can set that person up so that injury or death could occur.

Some spirits have the ability to move objects, even push humans down stairs.. This certainly has the potential for harm.

Of course they can frighten a person out of his wits, resulting in panic injuries..

Muriel!
  15. ahollings52 Ghost

Message Count:
    my take on the entire thing is slightly different i guess, as my experiences; undoubtedly differ from many of yours. although i wouldn't dare try to classify all forms of paranormal entities (though i'm aware of a people who have) i'm pretty confident that if these entities do exist, there are a number of types

i suppose to tie into the thread about why ghosts don't simply manifest completely and smile for the camera, i believe an extreme amount of energy, be it positive or negative, especially at the time of death can result in a change of the environment, a recording of sorts, and i genuinely believe that these manifestations of energy aren't cognitive, and really don't exist on a plain that would allow them to recognize our existence, let alone interact with us, i.e. pose for the camera or throw a hatchet at my neck bone

Adversely, a staple question for haunting investigations has always been whether or not things had been moved around the house, objects levitating, any sort of PHYSICAL interaction with objects around us - and because the answer is often yes, arguably there isn't any reason why such a poltergeist couldn't hurt you with those same objects. further still, witnesses often claim to have been pushed, to feel pressure in their chests, some even exhibit visual indications of abuse (scratches and the like) these actions would definitely indicate malice... so why not go so far as to kill?

my opinion is that these types of entities don't kill - but i really can't think of any serious justification for my belief. are they capable? it would seem so, are they willing? if these spirits or ghosts are anything like people, some of them certainly should be. have they? well, i just don't know.

i DO, however, believe that they can act in a way so as to cause us to hurt ourselves. people who are lonely, or in a bad state of mind are always susceptible to emotional abuse by the living or dead, and may even be pushed to do something irrational - a recent event that made national news about a man seeing the "mark of the devil" on his right hand, cutting it off and microwaving it may well be a prime example of this point... or maybe he's maladjusted and has a few of the worst kinds of addictions... at any rate, when i'm wandering around in the middle of the night with a flashlight and a compass, trying to take pictures of these things - it's comforting to think that even the most malignant of these things can't kill me... even if they can.

here's a link to the hand article i was talking about: http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/09/hand.cut.off.ap/
  16. Stoneheart Ghost

Message Count:
    Hello everybody, I'm new here and I don't pretend to hold the truth in the palm of my right hand but, there's some points that I believe we should give credits to.

First of all, it's not new for anybody, ghosts, spirits, demons and other entities ARE able to interact with living creatures. In fact, quick apparitions, whispers, screams, levitating objets, opening/closing doors or messing with electricity are material interactions. Therefold, throwing stuff across a room is nonetheless a material manifestation, which lead me to confirm what you were all discussing about earlier: yes, all these creatures have the potential to arm a living creature.

In the other hand, I'm sorry to say that I don't believe that any of us here has the ability even to begin to understand their motivation. For my part, I'm pretty sure that ghosts don't perceive us like pets or their haunting prey, but follow their own path to achieve their goal. As far as anyone seems to know here, nobody has died of direct ghost influence and you can be damn sure that you will probably never get close enough of any supernatural creature that could hurt you enough for you to die.

If I can say my opinion, I believe that these things ARE able to kill a living being but, much as a survival instinct, are afraid of doing so cause they fear the consequences, the wrath of a most powerful enitity (I'm not talking about God or anything of the like here), or they may only fear to attract too much attention.
  17. Stoneheart Ghost

Message Count:
    Hello everybody, I'm new here and I don't pretend to hold the truth in the palm of my right hand but, there's some points that I believe we should give credits to.

First of all, it's not new for anybody, ghosts, spirits, demons and other entities ARE able to interact with living creatures. In fact, quick apparitions, whispers, screams, levitating objets, opening/closing doors or messing with electricity are material interactions. Therefold, throwing stuff across a room is nonetheless a material manifestation, which lead me to confirm what you were all discussing about earlier: yes, all these creatures have the potential to arm a living creature.

In the other hand, I'm sorry to say that I don't believe that any of us here has the ability even to begin to understand their motivation. For my part, I'm pretty sure that ghosts don't perceive us like pets or their haunting prey, but follow their own path to achieve their goal. As far as anyone seems to know here, nobody has died of direct ghost influence and you can be damn sure that you will probably never get close enough of any supernatural creature that could hurt you enough for you to die.

If I can say my opinion, I believe that these things ARE able to kill a living being but, much as a survival instinct, are afraid of doing so cause they fear the consequences, the wrath of a most powerful enitity (I'm not talking about God or anything of the like here), or they may only fear to attract too much attention.
  18. Bergman Spirit

Message Count:
    I saw first in a dokumentary about hountings, and then I saw the video on another ghostsite.
    I Wouldn`t be surpised if it is somewhere on youtube either.
  19. Bergman Spirit

Message Count:
    Another case I know about is a saber that is hanging on te wall in one of the castles here in sweden.
    It is said that the saber sometimes start cutting trought the air all by it self, and if you try to remove it it will stab you to death imediality.
  20. guy fawkes Ghost

Message Count:
    I have never heard of a murder committed by a spirit. I've heard people blame spirits but never saw any proof offered. Therefore, my opinion is that the thought of a spirit being capable of murder is shakey at best. I do believe spirits can cause a person to harm themselves or others.