CAN ANIMALS SEE THINGS WE CAN'T

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by my3dc, Mar 19, 2007.

1. my3dc Ghost

Message Count:
    IS IT POSSIBLE THAT ANIMALS CAN SEE THINGS WE CAN NOT? I HAD POSTED BEFORE. WEIRD THINGS HAVE BEEN HAPPENING THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS AT BOTH MY SISTERS HOUSE AND MINE. SHE SAID FOR THE LAST TWO NIGHTS THE DOG HAS BEEN ACTING ODD. THE DOG SLEEPS IN MY SISTERS ROOM ON THE FLOOR AT THE FOOT OF HER BED.LAST NIGHT THE DOG WAS GROWLING AT THE CORNER ALL NIGHT AND SHE WOULDN'T STOP. sHE SAID SHE WENT IN THE SHOWER WENT BACK IN HER ROOM AND THE DOG WAS GROWLING AT HER. SHE GOT IN HER BED AND THE DOG CONTINUED TO GROWL BACK AT THE CORNER. IS THERE ANY EXPLANITION FOR THIS ACTION?
  2. Becky76 Ghost

Message Count:
    First off, you may want to stop using all caps when you type. People here will take offense at you "yelling" in that way.

Second, yes, animals most certainly do sense things more and easier than we do as humans. I kind of compare them to babies and young children with how they can see and sense things most humans cannot.

Best to you,

Becky
    www.rebeccashott.com
  3. my3dc Ghost

Message Count:
    I apoligize for the caps i am at work and we do most of the typing in caps here. I really apoligize if i have offended anyone.
  4. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Hi..

Welcome to Ghostplace. Please take a moment to check out the ORANGE STICKIES at the tops of the forums. They contain information about this site and how it works, that you will find helpful.

And Becky is absolutely right about TYPING IN ALL CAPS.. it does constitute SHOUTING!

About the animals, yes, I certainly do believe that they can see/hear/feel/sense things that escape us mere humans. I feel that like humans, animals have varying degrees of talent and skill. For some, it is quite normal for them to sense spirits among them, for others, less so.

And I think they react differently to the presence of entities. Given two dogs or cats, while both may notice a spirit in the corner, one may react dramatically, while the other will barely open one eye and grunt.

So, the answer is yes, of course animals are sensitive to spirits. Sometimes they can and do sense things that humans don't, given the varying abilities of us to do so.

Muriel!

[IMG]
  5. Angelpower1962 Ghost

Message Count:
    I have to agree with the above statements, YES, animals are more sensitive to sight,smell,taste and hearing than humans, they can see and hear what we can not.

[IMG]
    Do not walk in front of me, I may not follow, Do not walk in back of me, I may not lead, just walk beside me and let me call you my friend.
  6. alex supernatural Ghost

Message Count:
    i give u simple explaination on this ha baby's and kids between 1 month to 12 years could see all tis cause thier body is still clean no sins comitted, and mostly dog could see ghost because dog has sort of red vision rather then all people say balck and white , if u dont belive and u got the gust to see what is in that conner i tell u try taking a small drop of water from the dogs eyes and just make a small drop on your will be eachey but not for to long la... and after that u post me what what u could see i bat u on that

ALEX(P.I)
  7. ZZ430 Spirit

Message Count:
    Welcome to GP my3dc, we hope you'll stick around and share more thoughts.

[IMG]
    ~ ZZ ~ Signature by Casey 2005!
  8. Fullmoondolphin Spirit

Message Count:
    Yes, animals do see things that we don't. Every dog I've had has been very aware of spirits. The two I have now are quite interesting to watch. The eldest has only been upset by them on a few occasions - usually she just ignores them. She may lift her head and look to see who's there, then she doesn't bother with them.

The youngest used to growl at any spirit that popped in. She's gotten used to them over the years, and doesn't growl much anymore, but she will still sit and watch them move around sometimes. However, if one comes along that she hasn't met before, she will still growl.

Usually the only time the eldest gets upset with them is if they come in the bedroom. She seems to think that the bedroom is off-limits, although there are certain ones that she will not get upset with. There have been a couple of occasions where she actually got me a little creeped out. One was shortly after my brother-in-law died. She woke me up jumping off the bed, and proceeded to bark and snarl for about a minute. I could feel that someone was there, so I was a bit unnerved. Then she suddenly stopped, hopped back on the bed, and promptly went back to sleep, leaving me awake for awhile! [rolls]

The other even was a bit more recent - a few months ago. I was laying in bed reading one night, and she suddenly started growling. I looked over to see her watching someone - following them back and forth along the side of the bed. She continued to growl until I asked the spirit to back off and told her to be quiet. She still kept watching for a bit, then suddenly the spirit left and she just curled up and went to sleep.

In all cases where the dogs have reacted, I've been aware that a spirit was present, but while the dogs seemed able to physically see them, I did not. I simply sensed that they were there. At times I knew who it was, but other times - like the most recent experience in the bedroom - I was not sure who the spirit was. I can tell from watching the dogs that they can actually see them, though.

[IMG]
    Echoes In Time
  9. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    HI..

I don't usually begin a reply with an 'I agree'.

But this time, I agree - with the dog! I think the bedroom is more than off limits! I certainly share those sentiments!

M!
  10. Laddihawke Ghost

Message Count:
    FMD,

Your experiences are fascinating, but you are a whole lot braver than I. At the slightest hint of a ghost, I would have been running for the door. LOL

I find the whole topic interesting, and I see no reason why animals couldn't pick up on this phenomena, as their senses are so keen. I had an experience once as a teenager, that involved my cat, that made me question my sanity. It was in the middle of the day, and I was sitting at the kitchen table. However, to me the whole thing was so silly, and made no real sense, I have since dismissed it as a visual / auditory hallucination. I also have to wonder if what I saw was the result of a singular neurological event (the misfiring of neural synapses in the brain).

Anyway, As I was sitting at the kitchen table, I looked up into the hallway because I thought I heard footsteps coming down the hall. I was all alone in the house at the time. My siamese cat was sitting in the middle of the hallway, cleaning itself with one foot in the air. The cats reaction is what really struct me. Startled, she got up, and kind of pressed herself against the wall as if to get out of the way of what was coming down the hall. (No hissing, or anything. She just acted a little annoyed at having to move). Then I watched as a pair of white sneakers, with red flags (dots) on the back walk pass the doorway.

It happened so fast, that it startled me, and I ran into an adjacent room to see who was in our house. Of course, I found nothing. But I had my grandfather come over from next door and search the house for me.
    When I got to thinking about it, the whole thing seemed rather silly to me - why would I see just a pair of white sneakers and nothing else.
    In any case, I dismissed it as a vivid hallucination, because the house was new, and had no history.

Still though, in the back of my mind, I wonder if perhaps there was something there, because of the reaction of my cat. Hmmmm.....

[IMG]

The most essential piece of equipment to take with you when investigating the paranormal is.... A good Pair of Running Shoes! - LH
  11. 284699876531888 Ghost

Message Count:
    i would say kill the dog but it would be to said i am only jk dose any one know were the washroom is lol
  12. moonburn Super Moderator

Message Count:
    I think that animals don't have a reason to exclude weird phenomena from their lives. I think that it may give them a head start on seeing strange or supernatural things. However, I've seen animals that couldn't see or sense anything. When I came back from my super-cliche-spooky-goth-teenager-cemetery visits my cat would freak out, but my dog (at the time) didn't even lift his head. I think that they operate -psychically speaking- on a bell curve.
  13. Becky76 Ghost

Message Count:

You sound like me. My sister has three dogs (2 pugs and a Siberian husky) and a cat. When I'm over to her house visiting, everyone chuckles at me because the dogs, the cat and I all kind of "race" to see who can see things first. She has a lot of activity going up and down her staircase and through her loft. There'll be times when I see someone go up the stairs and look over, then all the dogs run over to the bottom of the stairs and stare upwards.

She had "something" in her crawlspace above the living room once, too. It was pretty creepy, but I finally got rid of it for her. Before then, the husky would walk around in the living/dining areas and follow "it" around. His head would be pointing straight up, and he'd be running all over the place.

It's humorous to watch animals watch ghosts! So many times I'll say I see the old man and woman up on her loft, and then the cat goes running across the loft floor swatting and "invisible" beings.

Her house is very old. It was originally a "Little House on the Prairie" type cabin, and it's been added onto twice, and moved from the country into the city, then moved again two streets over to where it currently stands. She has 3 ghosts that lived in the house, and then one came with an air-pump organ she purchased from 1836. The "thing" in her crawlspace... I have no idea. I don't talk much about it.

Her house has been investigated by me countless times, and a couple other local investigators, including the people from the Avalon Foundation (who taught me how to dowse properly and use my abilities well). The Avalon Foundation people are Chris Woodyard's colleagues, and Chris is the famous writer of the Haunted Ohio series, and much more!

I know some pretty cool people in this industry! I've been lucky to be mentored by some of the best. And look, it's led me to play "I see the ghost first" with my sister's dogs and cat!

Best to you,

Becky
    www.rebeccashott.com