can dogs sense spirits.

Discussion in 'Ghost Stories' started by sweetgrl, Feb 27, 2004.

1. sweetgrl Ghost

Message Count:
    Do you think that dogs can sense spirits. I have three dogs and the other day I went down into my basement. Two of my dogs started to follow me. We have one small set a little landing and then another small set leading down there. They both just stayed there and were whining and jumpy. They acted like they wanted to go down there with me but were scared. It is not they are afraid to climb stairs ( I had a dog like that. he was afraid of stairs) cause they go upstairs all the time. And right after they started acting weird I started to get the rush/run feeling again. They have done this alot before(afraid to go down) but this is the first time I felt the rush/run when they did it so I didn't think about it. So what is everyone's veiw's can they sense them?
  2. MONKEYINAROUND Ghost

Message Count:
    OF CORSE THEY CAN,I HAVE A DOG TOO SND HE DOES THAT SOMETIMES.
    ONCE I WAS EATIN' AND MY DOG LOVES FOOD MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE
    AND HE STARTED ACTIN WEIRD,NOT PAYIN ATENTION TO ANYTHING ELSE
    (NOT EVEN FOOD) BUT THIS CHAIR WE HAVE.HE WAS JUST SITTIN' AT THE BOTTOM OF IT STARING UP AT IT.I BELIVE IN ALL THIS GHOST STUFF SO THAT IS WHAT I THINK HAPPENED.PLUS I ASKED A PRO. BOUT IT AND HE SAID THE SAME THING.

Kara O'Neill
  3. swordmaster Ghost

Message Count:
    yes my dog does it all the time.... witch leads to me seeing them

Eric
  4. MONKEYINAROUND Ghost

Message Count:
    eric,
    same here [IMG]

[IMG]*question everything BUT the paranormal*

Kara O'Neill
  5. Darkness_Falls Spirit

Message Count:
    Dogs and cats can sense things that humans can't sometimes. It is possible that your dogs are sensing something is wrong with the basement and this is why they will not go down there.

These wounds won't seem to heal.
    This pain is just too real.
    There's just too much that time cannot erase.
  6. nuttmeg Ghost

Message Count:
    I'm certainly no expert on these things, but I think animals can definitely sense spirits, energy, and trouble in general. In fact, when I get those sudden feelings of being watched, or the ears perk up along with a good dose of chills, I usually will call one of the cats (or both, if they're not being snotty) in the room. If I'm home alone, and really spooked for some reason, I bring in the reinforcements (the dogs). I have no idea why I get those feelings, but I'm pretty convinced something else is there, and if a pet happens to be in the room at the same time, I always check to see if they're checking things out... which they usually are staring off at something. (Yes, I'm a wuss. Hehe) Of course, the cats swat at things that aren't there, and the dogs will chase their own tails. So who knows! I will say that I feel a bit better when they're around for whatever reason.

I have heard stories of animals sensing dangerous things alone... like one incident where a horse wouldn't cross a wooden bridge, and then soon afterwards it collapses. Can't remember where I heard from, likely the TV, but then again... I'm going senile at an early age.
  7. Lilgenie Ghost

Message Count:
    *in a high pitched tone*

Say what???

[IMG]
  8. madwoman Ghost

Message Count:
    It's so cool to see people from all over the world dont be freaked out Paralitix! How is Iceland?

Melissa
  9. xXPythoXx Ghost

Message Count:
    I do think they can sense things, the other night I was watching TV on the couch and my cat was next to me. All of a sudden it starts to hiss and growl as if there was something behind me. I look back and see nothing, it kind of creeps me out but I dismiss it as nothing. Well as I was going to bed I felt a cold rush pass through me and I feel as if something kicks the back of my leg.

"...I hold no secret to ransom
    and build no towers.
    I wear my scars on my soul
    like medals pagen,
    fallable, and beautiful."
    -LEGION-