Can ghosts follow you home?

Discussion in 'Ghost Hunting' started by spookfrog1, Aug 14, 2006.

1. spookfrog1 Ghost

Message Count:
    On the subject of ghost hunting, I've heard it several times from different people, including some people on forums such as these that it is possible that if you do ghost hunting, you run the risk of some of these ghosts following you home. Do you think that's true? What I've also read and this is also something I read on the internet is that by saying a prayer before and after you ghost hunt, you can minimize the chance that a spirit can follow you home to haunt you. What is your opinion on this? The truth of the matter is is that we really don't know what it is that haunts these places such as houses or cemeteries, all we know is that someone, or something, is going on out of the ordinary in these places and we don't know what it is. Is it something evil? We cannot answer that question because we are not experts in this field. We might be able to say yes in some cases but what kind of evil or to what degree of evil spirit is there we can't say. We just don't know enough about these things and that's why we investigate. I've only been on a few haunting expeditions and nothing bad has happened to me,..yet. I have seen what can happen to people while ghost hunting. I've watched an investigation where one of the ghost hunters got a nasty scratch, and I've seen other people get nasty scratches while in haunted houses. I myself will continue ghost hunting unless something bad happens as a result of it, then I will discontinue. At this point in time, it's too exciting and exhilarating for me to stop, but I will always say a prayer before and after.
  2. SeventhEntity Spirit

Message Count:
    Yes, it is very possible for a spirit to follow you home. The ghost team that I am currently filming always says something before they enter and after they leave. It doesn't necessarily have to be a prayer, but whatever you feel comfortable with should work.

Some people believe that if you ask nicely that they not follow you home they will do just that. Some people say that you demand that they not follow you home. I personally believe in being polite. I know I would be less likely to defy a nice person rather than someone that came in to my house then demanded I not follow.

But on every ghost hunt be careful. It's usually a good idea to go along with an experienced investegator.

Take care and happy hunting!

[IMG]

"Marge, Marge, the dolls trying to kill me and the toasters been laughing at me!"
  3. redhead_Em Ghost

Message Count:
    I've always been taught that ghosts will follow you home if you disrespect them and I've heard a few stories of ghosts that have followed people home. Frankly I'd try a protection spell, say a prayer, and ask nicely for them not to follow just to make sure that none of them will follow

<center>[IMG]</center>
  4. redhead_Em Ghost

Message Count:
    I've always been taught that ghosts will follow you home if you disrespect them and I've heard a few stories of ghosts that have followed people home. Frankly I'd try a protection spell, say a prayer, and ask nicely for them not to follow just to make sure that none of them will follow

<center>[IMG]</center>
  5. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Good Evening..

Yes, from what I have heard and read, it is quite possible that a spirit of some sort can follow you home from wherever you happen to be. I see no reason why this is not so.

And yes, little protection prayers before and especially after an investigation are recommended. In the beginning I would ask protection from whatever your deity is, then at the end, I would ask the same again. Furthermore, I would inform any spirits that are in the area that the session is closed.

Muriel.

[IMG]
  6. spookfrog1 Ghost

Message Count:
    Well I guess I'm already ahead of the game due to the fact that we already say a prayer before and after we do an investigation. As far as whether or not we would have an experienced investigator with us on our ghost hunts, that's not likely to happen. I'm afraid us inexperienced folks are on our own. We've had no problems so far. When we try to communicate with spirits we are polite and take care not to anger them. Some people say that in order to get a spirit to communicate with you, you have to dare them to do something or talk to them aggressively. I don't agree with that. The last thing I want to do is to rile them up and then they would definitely follow me home! We've got results anyway without being aggresive.
  7. SeventhEntity Spirit

Message Count:
    Sounds like you've got a good handle on things. Keeps us updated on your progress. I look forward to seeing your findings.

[IMG]

"Marge, Marge, the dolls trying to kill me and the toasters been laughing at me!"
  8. grainsiloguard Ghost

Message Count:
    It is possible for ghosts to follow you around. I don't know about prayer but a defense charm had came with me on every hunt I did before I lost the dang thing

[IMG]

My wings are broken and I can't reach to the sky.

siggy pic by me
  9. spookfrog1 Ghost

Message Count:
    Does this mean you still ghost hunt unprotected or have you just quit since you lost your defense charm or do you still hunt but say a prayer?
  10. glaelynn Ghost

Message Count:
    Yes of couse a ghost can follow you home. The reason why they do this is because they need someone to help them complete their mission like to make the new house owners move, or to help get revenge on someone. They cannot find the light so they need to rest in peace. Oh and by the way, orbs are balls of ghost energy that fly around and come out on film at the spot they linger around.

hi, i love ghosts. they are soooo cool,
  11. spookfrog1 Ghost

Message Count:
    You didn't mention whether or not you believe saying a prayer before you ghost hunt would help or not.
  12. GhostHunter6172006 Ghost

Message Count:
    I don't see why it's not possible. Not only that though, but I've heard of ghosts following people even when they move...I know it happened to me. The thing followed my family when we moved into a new house a few years ago. I've moved a few times since then and I don't think it has followed me now, but it is possible. If it did, it's been quiet for 2 years...I won't hold my breath though :p
  13. wanderer Ghost

Message Count:
    hi i am new here...by the way from my side of view is that...spirits do follow you home as i have bumped 1...but it will be good to have a prayer before and after you go for ghost hunting and if the problem persist...the only way is to go to a place of worship in the religon you belive in...such as temple for buddhism and taoism...church for christian...mosque for muslim...i belive there will be someoone to attend to you...the only problem is that i not sure hoe you know if there is a spirit following you....i know only a buddhist monk told me....
  14. SeventhEntity Spirit

Message Count:
    First off: WELCOME TO GP WANDERER! :D

With as many spirits as there are around us, would it really matter if one followed you home? I understand if it's a bad spirit that would be a bad thing. But a nice one, could just be an interesting roommate.

But if one does follow you home and you want them to leave there are several posts on the message board that explain how to accomplish that. Take a look, at the very least they are a good read.

[IMG]
    A Special Thanks to PHIL for the Siggy!!!
  15. feusurlaneige Ghost

Message Count:
    I would be worried if a spirit followed anyone home. I say this from experience.

My team and I were investigating a courthouse which we had been doing so for almost a year. We were communicating with an unsavoury character in this courthouse. He was tapping to us yes and no and did so for a year. We were exposed to poltergeist like activity all this time but this was a free thinking spirit. He always stayed close to our team leader so we assumed he was using her energy mostly. She was the most likely one anyway as she ran tours through this courthouse at night and was there more than us.

One day she told us that she heard the tapping in her house. It happened while she was on the phone to one of our team. She lived just a short walk away from the courthouse. Next thing we knew this spirit was coming in the car with us. Next thing he was coming on all our investigations much to our annoyance. He would try to remain quiet but he was felt clairsentiently and then he would own up by tapping his 3 little taps that was his signature. This spirit (we know all about him by questions and historical records) was an intelligent , conspiring, cold blooded murderer who never hesitated to make some of us ill when he felt like it and to inflict injuries such as scratches and other discomforts. He also played around a lot in a very immature way but when he got mad all hell let loose. You could feel it like electricity in the air. One time he whipped me around the head with very hot air. He got this energy seconds after draining the batteries on our cameras causing the flashes not to work. I know what I did too that p'd him off lol! Whenever I left that place I would be depressed and tired for days. His energy was negative and we felt it physically. Its not a nice feeling.

Unfortunately this spirit formed an attachment. I wont go into all the rest but it wasnt good. It nearly led to a complete breakdown of our team. Luckily most of us are still in the team and good friends.

I would suggest that you never entice a spirit home with you. They are strangers to you. You dont know who they are. You wouldnt invite a complete stranger into your house. When they want to be they can be leeches and suck energy from you unknowingly.

I dont know if this person he attached to ever protected herself. I sure do now after seeing this. I protect before, ground before and after. We have learnt a big lesson from it. If a spirit tells you that if he 'was alive today he would still kill,' you steer a wide berth. You break all contact. We didnt do this because we were getting the best evp, photos etc and the communication was liek something you would read in a book.

This spirit told us on a few occasions that he would like to hurt us. We just fobbed it off. That was the sort of low life that we werre dealing with.

At birth our five senses are blind and we see by our soul.
    Youth teaches us to read our senses, ignoring our soul.
    As adults we live by our senses and suppress our soul.
    At death our senses depart, restoring sight to our soul.
  16. wanderer Ghost

Message Count:
    thanks...but i belive that no matter who or wat follow u home u wont want it...they only create disturbance and fear (if you are a person with very powerful faith maybe not)...and they might create alot of harms and u might recieve a lot of spiritual attacks that is very painful and exhausting...so it is harmful no matter wat or who follow you home...
  17. SeventhEntity Spirit

Message Count:
    Have you had experiences with a spirit following you home? Does it matter if they are bad or good? If one follows you home are they there to stay or can they come and go as they please?

My apologies for all the questions, I'm doing a bit of research.

[IMG]
    A Special Thanks to PHIL for the Siggy!!!
  18. wanderer Ghost

Message Count:
    well it is one oof the posts that i just posted...secondly...i dont belive there isnt any "good or bad" spirits but powerful or not powerful spirits or the spirits got any intention of harming u or not...all can be classfied as "evil" or "good" spirits (except holy spirits in the holy bible)...they can come and go as they please and not just leech to one man unless that man got the power and control over the spirits....such as having them as pets...powerful witch doctors
  19. feusurlaneige Ghost

Message Count:
    There are good and bad spirits just like there are good and bad people in the world. These spirit can also be powerful or not.These spirit that most call ghosts, are in the etheral plane, a layer between earth and the astral plane. They have no physical body but are quite capable of thinking and having emotions. I have seen this first hand myself during investigating a particular place in Australia with my team for almost a year. Depends on what you call evil. Spirit on this plane are exactly the same as they were in life. If they had no respect for human life whatsoever than they are the same on the etheral plane.
    You had better believe that if they want to harm, they will do their best with whatever energy they have , to cause as much discomfort or fear as they can. I have seen this first hand. Sorry, but I have and I know that a spirit that has lived a life harming others will continue to behave like this if they end up on the etheral plane.

I dont mean to frighten people because it isnt very often that you will come across a spirit such as this, but they are out there. Just like we have our murderers and molesters in society today. It was just unfortunate, (or fortunate in some cases for our researching team) to come across a spirit like this.We collected a lot of data during our time with this spirit from evp, photos and film and all witnessed poltergeist happenings and our work also included mediums , media and sensitives.
    Dont ever think that they are not capable of . I have seen scratch welts raise up before my eyes on our team leader, who thought that she had actually been bitten. She was wearing a jumper.

I dont really know if these type of spirit can come and go as they please. I felt that this one was only able to get around in the presence of the person he attached to.

At birth our five senses are blind and we see by our soul.
    Youth teaches us to read our senses, ignoring our soul.
    As adults we live by our senses and suppress our soul.
    At death our senses depart, restoring sight to our soul.