Can ghosts leave marks on people?

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by Sindyellow, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Sindyellow Spirit

Message Count:
    Hi people
    Just wondering what you all think about spirits that leave marks on living people. Like for example red pinch marks, bruises or scratches. Do you think this is possible or is it just crazy talk?

I find this a very interesting topic because I have heard that spirits can not touch or harm people physically. Yet there are many reports on scratches and bruises forming on people’s bodies that are linked to paranormal activity. On the other hand people accidently scratch or bruise them selves without noticing, all the time. For example when you hit your knee on the table, it hurts for a second but you forget about it immediately. The next day you have a bruise on your knee.

I think I experienced something like this shortly after I moved in my apartment in august. When I first moved in, there was an irritated spirit staying here. It mainly wanted my attention but I couldn´t possibly know what it wanted, no matter how often it slammed the doors or how bizarre sounds it made.
    One morning I woke up and took a shower. I felt something was stinging on my back and checked it out in the mirror when I finished showering. I had five bright red marks on my back (They looked like the ones you get when your big brother does the pinch-and-twist on you). Unless I performed some kind of super yoga stretches in sleep I could not possibly have pinched my self like that.

Well... I do not know how I got the marks. Either it was this spirit getting really annoyed with me or I have an unknown habit of stretching like a circus freak in my sleep. What do you guys think?
  2. guy fawkes Ghost

Message Count:
    There have many recorded cases of people being attacked. I don't think spirits can actually touch you but use some form of kenetic energy. The paranormal is new to me but others here are very knowledgable about this sort of thing.
  3. DEADPsalm Spirit

Message Count:
    My belief follows what guy has already stated. The evidence does suggest ghosts can touch and injure us; but it is likely a form of energy rather than physical contact.

In most cases, marks we awake with are likely caused by ourselves as we sleep; particularly if we tend to sleep restlessly. Though many marks seem to be in locations we can not easily reach with our own hands.

A friend of mine ended up with a bloodied nose after something unseen audibly impacted his face; given the relative darkness at the time we can not be certain it was paranormal but we could not find an ordinary source for the impact. I personally have never ended up with marks though I believe I have been touched by such energy several times. In one instance I felt I was lifted from my seated position on the floor. In another experience I awoke from a trance state with blood on my right hand.
  4. DEADPsalm Spirit

Message Count:
    My belief follows what guy has already stated. The evidence does suggest ghosts can touch and injure us; but it is likely a form of energy rather than physical contact.

In most cases, marks we awake with are likely caused by ourselves as we sleep; particularly if we tend to sleep restlessly. Though many marks seem to be in locations we can not easily reach with our own hands.

A friend of mine ended up with a bloodied nose after something unseen audibly impacted his face; given the relative darkness at the time we can not be certain it was paranormal but we could not find an ordinary source for the impact. I personally have never ended up with marks though I believe I have been touched by such energy several times. In one instance I felt I was lifted from my seated position on the floor. In another experience I awoke from a trance state with blood on my right hand.
  5. BadBoy Ghost

Message Count:
    I believe that a spirit can do just about anything It wants depending on thr power It Is given.
  6. guy fawkes Ghost

Message Count:
    Given by whom?
  7. Shadowagony Ghost

Message Count:
    I'll second that. If they can open and slam doors, I am pretty sure that they can touch us and do all kinds of other physical things to us such as scratch, punch, etc. I have been pulled towards my open window while lying in bed one night. Something just wrapped around my calf muscle and yanked really hard. I was all alone in the room that night, or so I thought.
  8. kachisa Super Moderator

Message Count:
    I think they can leave marks, but I also think it's by using the surroundings around them, kinda like in the movie Ghost, Patrick Swayze had to learn how to move things mentally.

I know my brother has been physically injured by an unseen thing. The most common thing that would happen to him, is a glass light shade would fall on his head whenever he was at the bathroom counter. Never failed, it would fly off and bop him on the head. Most unreal thing is, it never broke.
  9. Khunter12 Ghost

Message Count:
    They can definitely leave marks on you. I remember an episode of Ghost Hunters a while ago where Jason got a long red scratch on his back all of a sudden from nothing... :(
  10. lenae1983 Ghost

Message Count:
    they can leave marks bruises even cuts..I had lived in an apartment with a rather "needy" spirit (meaning constant attention and awareness of his presence) I got tired of it and decided to ignore him, the first few days were rather noisy but after a week or some everything calmed down, then while I was walking to the kitchen to help my husband with dinner(poor thing he tries, lol) thats when he got me, right out in the open infront of my husband a cut from the front of my upper thigh diagonally downward to above my knee formed..luckily my lease was up in ca couple of weeks, after I moved I never heard from him again
  11. guy fawkes Ghost

Message Count:
    Hold on Lenea, I'm still pictureing your thigh........................Ok I'm alright now. Yes spirits can leave marks but I think they do it with some force or energy. I don't believe something spectral can touch you. But there is alot that we don't know about the paranormal. That's why we are all here to learn and share ideas. Welcome to our madhouse. As my grand dad would say" nous es tous fou pour un braquent", we are all mad to a point.
  12. spiritgirl Ghost

Message Count:
    yes it is possible I think. There are a couple of episodes of ghosthunters where Jay and Grant have both been touched, Jason had scratches on his back.
  13. Firey maiden Spirit

Message Count:
    It's actually a very good question. There are many, many reports of people being physically 'touched' by a unseen entity. There are just as many reports of someone with a mark, or a scratch, or a burn on them, also by an unseen entity. And alot of these reports cannot be simply tossed aside, they are in places no person could of reached, or simply didnt have the materials, to cause such a effect. Although a few reports, such as scratches on a baby, and such, can be simply cause the baby scratched themselves.

But thats not what this topic is about. In my opinion, Yes, Ghosts can leave marks on people, but just because they leave a mark, does not mean the ghost has evil intentions. I believe, most of the time, the ghost is just trying to be noticed.
  14. Firey maiden Spirit

Message Count:
    Ah yes very good examples. the Cranston and Crafton case, Jason got burns on his backs.

Then we have the New Bedford Armory. Where Frank, the soundman, was physcially pushed over, and he was in a state of shock for a good 30 minutes.

Then theres season 3, Leap Castle, where Dustin was also knocked over.
  15. lenae1983 Ghost

Message Count:

I do agree with you, I dont think the spirit themselves can touch you but I do have the opinion that the energy produced by the powerful emotions they have at the time can result in physical markings. I feel what is important to remember is that they are on another plane of existance with other levels of communication beyond what we can produce or understand, just because they cant reach out and touch you under the relms of understanding we have here on the physical plane dosent mean its impossible
  16. guy fawkes Ghost

Message Count:
    In order to touch they would have to be solid and spirits have no mass, therefore it's energy they project. My question is where does the energy come from and how strong can it become.
  17. lenae1983 Ghost

Message Count:
    Ah, if you are wanting to get down right to the science of the origin of the energy thats got me baffled as well ive tried to do some research of it and unless im not looking in the right places that area of this topic is a very scarce find, so I'm guessing that we arent the only ones lost in this area:confused: i will keep looking and if anyone finds anything pertaining to the "scientific" in depths of this please please post it!!!!
  18. Becky76 Ghost

Message Count:
    This is as touchy of a topic as if orbs are actually ghosts or not, but I personally do believe that ghosts can physically touch people, and if they can touch people why couldn't they hurt us? I've been scratched before, once and I also walked out of an investigation with my sister...both of us covered in huge purple bruises that didn't hurt in the least. I'm not in the writing sort of mood today so I won't go into much detail, but I do believe they can touch and "hurt" us in that way though it is extremely uncommon. By the way, I agree with whomever said this "activity" is conducted via energy, as is all ghostly/paranormal activity.
  19. Becky76 Ghost

Message Count:
    This is as touchy of a topic as if orbs are actually ghosts or not, but I personally do believe that ghosts can physically touch people, and if they can touch people why couldn't they hurt us? I've been scratched before, once and I also walked out of an investigation with my sister...both of us covered in huge purple bruises that didn't hurt in the least. I'm not in the writing sort of mood today so I won't go into much detail, but I do believe they can touch and "hurt" us in that way though it is extremely uncommon. By the way, I agree with whomever said this "activity" is conducted via energy, as is all ghostly/paranormal activity.
  20. ghosthunter121 Ghost

Message Count:
    I would say they can definetly touch you i have had a Ghost cat brush up against my leg before at someones house that had a cat in spirit world.
    Therefore if they can touch you then i would say yes they can leave marks on you for sure.