Can you see ghosts in mirros?

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by Emilyyy, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Emilyyy Ghost

Message Count:
    Iv got the impression that it is possible to see ghosts in mirros. Once when i was younger i was laying in bed staring at the mirror and i saw this old victorian maid in it. She peered in as if she was checkin up and then calmly walked away. At first i thought this was imagination. A friend also gave me the idea of a thing called Mirror Gazing that might may explain this.
    Several years later on a seperate occassion my freind was starring into my kitchen. Now in my kitchen that tap has always every now and then turned itself on and off again, but i always assumed it was just a bit faulty. But after this occassion iv always wondered could this maid of caused this. Anyway my friend described what she was seeing as exactly what i had seen in the mirror a few years ago.
    Was wondering if anyone else had similair experiences with mirros? Or please just share your opinions :) thanks xxx
  2. Jessica192002 Ghost

Message Count:
    When I was younger we had a medicine cabinet mirror in the bathroom. Just about everytime I would look in the mirror for a long period of time, say doing my hair, I would see something that looked like a small child run behind me. I called it my little munchcan (sp?) well years later after we moved out, my aunt moved in, just her and her mother, well her mom was very old, she said she used to see a little girl playing on the floor in the same house. that...many years later is when i really beleived that what i saw was real.

[IMG]
  3. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Good Morning and

Welcome to GHOSTPLACE! There are a few ORANGE STICKIES at the tops of the forums, that you will find helpful.. Now, sit back and enjoy the site!

I have no doubt that spirits can be seen in mirrors, both exclusively and as a reflection. I have read about several such incidents.

Having said that, it is possible that your focusing on and staring at the mirror may have triggered some sort of hallucination as your brain struggled to make sense of this unusual situation. I know that kids sometimes try something similar for kicks, although it is NOT RECOMMENDED, since it can result in disorientation and disassociation from reality.

Having said that and as for your wonky faucet, it is POSSIBLE that your Victorian maid may have had a hand in that, given the fact that in her role as a maid, she may have been responsible for kitchen duties.

What do you know about the history of your house? Does it date from Victorian times? What do you know about its previous tenants/owners? Were servants such as your maid ever employed there or at other houses in the neighbourhood? Were they employed in structures that are perhaps torn down my now?

A bit of research would be fascinating..

Muriel!

[IMG]
  4. Emilyyy Ghost

Message Count:
    oh wow thats really interesting. You seem to have had a pretty similair experience. It's like the presence can be seen in the mirror before the real world. pretty creepy...
  5. Emilyyy Ghost

Message Count:
    Unfortunately this really baffles me because my house is only about 30 years old. I think in oder to find out any history im gonna have to find out what was here before the house was built :S
  6. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    HI..

What do you know about the area in which your house was built? Did it replace another, older structure?

Also, does anyone in your house collect antiques, frequent yard and estate sales, antique shops?

Sometimes, spirits remain attached to objects that they owned and loved in life, often mirrors. What is the history of this particular mirror? If it is not new, it is POSSIBLE that the Victorian maid may have been associated with it in some way.

The good news is that she does seem perfectly harmless, if indeed she exists at all. Seems that she does enjoy messing with running water which may seem like magic to her.. and that is harmless enough.

Muriel!
  7. active_spirit_child Ghost

Message Count:
    My grandmum lives in a house that was built during the Civil War. She told me that, even before the passing of my grandpa, she saw various faces in her bedroom mirror. After my grandpa's death, she told me about the different faces; they included a soldier dressed in Union uniform, a woman and that of my grandpa's. My grandpa appeared shortly after he passed away. These could be helpful, I hope.

~*~love is pain so why do i try to gain what makes me cry~*~
  8. skeletor Ghost

Message Count:
    I have had only one experience with a mirror.

One day I got an urgent call while in class and the teacher passed me the phone. It was my sister and she was crying. she told me my brother was very very ill. and as soon as I got home from school, that i should check up on him. hes diabetic, but we all just thought he had a very bad fever. my sister had gone to the house earlier in the day, and had bought him some pedialite. he drank a few but just felt worse. by the time i got home, he couldnt speak, and he had no strength to even sit up. he didnt want to goto the hospital, but i told him that he was that bad so he finally said ok. we got there, and they checked his sugar levels, and he was around 498 (when its supposed to be about 125) at 500 sugar level he can go into coma. I stayed at the hospital all day until around midnight and went home because I had school the next day. my brother in the little words he could say, told me not to leave him there because he thought he was going to die. i told him i had to go ( my whole family told me not to miss school the next day) so i left. i got home that night very worried, and laid on my moms bed. i was home alone. minutes later I heard banging on the walls of the living room as if someone was moving the furniture around. a while later i heard/felt as if someone had entered the room. at the moment i didnt care who it was. as i layed on the bed facing the mirror, from the mirror i heard a small calm voice tell me "dont worry, it will be okay" i opened my eyes right away and nothing.
  9. specimen_9 Ghost

Message Count:
    I have placed recorders at the bottom of mirrors for evp research. I have stood and waved and had responces such as " who is he waving at?"

[IMG]
  10. predictable27 Ghost

Message Count:
    For as long as I can remember, I have never liked mirrors. Im not sure why, but I jsut have, and oddly I have been afraid of mirrors. Well as I grew older I started to grow out of that little fear. But recently and a few times before. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and washing my face, my nightly routine. Well I was just fine and nothing was wrong, but then as I was bent over the sink rinsing off my face, I all of a sudden got this strange and eerie feeling. The hair on the back of my neck stood up and I became frightend.

I didnt know why, but this voice at the back of my head told me to "not look up". So I didnt, but it got a little worse, so without looking up I turned and ran from the bathroom and ended up running right into my bestfriend, she asked me what was wrong because I looked so scared and I told her what had happend.

Well later that night, we decided to end our fun for the night and jsut relax in my room. She went into the bathroom to brush her teeth ect...a few minutes later she screamed and then yelled "oh my god!" and then I heard the bathroom door smack against the wall, she bolted from the bathroom and into my room and began to cry.

I asked her what was wrong, and I was frantic, she calmed down and she said to me " I was bent over the sink rinsing the toothpaste out of my mouth and I dont know, I just got scared out of no where, and I had a strange feeling and I didnt want to look up into the mirror" she paused then continued "but I did,a nd then I saw something in the mirror! I swear I did! Im not joking! I couldnt take my eyes away but then it started to say something I couldnt understand it though! and then it reached for me! thats when I stumbled backwards and hit the door because I actually felt something touch my shoulder so I ran" she had explained to me how upon it reaching for her, she looked back into the mirror and it had touched her shoulder.

I became freaked out and since then I havent looked in the mirror and everytime I am bent over the sink rinsing my face off I get the same feeling. It's so weird because the only people it has happend to is my friend and I.
  11. Angelpower1962 Ghost

Message Count:
    I personally have never had a ghostly encounter in a mirror, though my daughter did at a place we were staying 2 summers ago. We had become homeless and was at a Transitional shelter which use to be convent and it was known to alot of us that the place was visited by a spirit..my daughter, one of them would tell me that she would be in the bathroom doing her hair, and see something in the mirror run pass her out in the hallway, figuring it was one of the kids, she would peek out into the hallway and see nothing. I believe it is very possible that spirits do come through mirrors because glass is made from the earth, which means it is not man made and the earth has alot of engery, which is a spirit..(astral soul) all it is, is engery, and energy attracts engery, so the mirror acts as a sort of vortex for the spirits.

<center>
    [IMG]</center>
    siggy made by idontcarecalldrphil-thank you!
  12. Emilyyy Ghost

Message Count:
    Oh wow some of those stories seems pretty scary. I guess maybe it is something about mirrors. Maybe a spirit feels more pretected behind a mirror..
  13. saorasoul Ghost

Message Count:
    Since 1997 when I bought a mirror at a garage sale, I have felt something . Felt something diffferemt.

Now, I have had some really interesting esperiences. Experiences that could have never been experienced.

Sometimes I can feel "something" as I lay in bed. It just sits nest to me. I feel the matteress moving. So Weird. Even my husband feels it. If I lay down on the floor, I cannot feel it.

Iou have to lay down on you back.

You can feel it , first at your feet...moving next to your lower legs then up from there.

is that not odd. I would think that yu could feel it no matter where it is. But no....Only when you lay on your back.

I feel it move near my feet. Like some one stands on the sides of my feet. And then I dream

"....beside me someone unseen stands."
  14. HappyCamper Ghost

Message Count:
    Wow, these are really facinating stories! I have always been afraid of mirrors - since childhood. I always get the feeling I'm going to see something menacing in them. (I also have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and must have a "positive thought" before I can stop looking at a mirror. It's probably funny to watch - I'll go back and forth, back and forth, thinking "positive thoughts" until I'm able to hold it long enough to look away. If I see myself in another mirror or the same one again, I have to start the process all over. My OCD controls most other parts of my life and I deal with it in conscious and unconscious states.) But back to the point - I have always heard mirrors were a portal to the other side. Some people even pay money to go into quiet rooms with just a mirror and chair and a sheet draped over them. The idea is to stare into the mirror as a way of contacting the dead. No thank you.

And these three remain: faith, hope, and love...but the greatest of these is love. I Corinthians 13:13
  15. Maroquin Ghost

Message Count:
    Some of those stories are major creepy!!! EWWWW!!!!! I have noticed when I get ready its like I see a little one behind me looking at me it kinda scares me, but then not really or it could be my baby I miscarried. I have heard he is always around me waiting for the right time to come back. It could be him I see, but then again when I am getting ready I sometimes see someone peeking over my shower curtain rod its kinda freaky and weird I don't know so many thing that go on. Ever since that movie The Devils Advocate and the wife when she goes crazy and they are trying to fix her up to cheer her up and they do her hair and have her look in the mirror then her face turns weird. I always imagining that happening to me lol.

I'm CooL!!
  16. dizzydevil122 Spirit

Message Count:
    I don't feel silly anymore for not likeing mirrors now:D I don't have them anywhere in my home, just the bathroom. I absolutely hate mirrors and I can't sleep if there is one in a bedroom. When we travel or spend the night at a relative’s home, I will put a sheet over what ever mirrors they may have.

I don't know why I dislike them so much. I have never had a negative experience I just don't like them. I always feel like there is something looking back or into what ever room I am in.

Creepy!

R.I.P andy!!!
  17. HappyCamper Ghost

Message Count:
    Wow, this is amazing! What a story! I wish you' post more about this!

And these three remain: faith, hope, and love...but the greatest of these is love. I Corinthians 13:13
  18. HappyCamper Ghost

Message Count:
    Wow, this is amazing! What a story! I wish you' post more about this!

19. saorasoul Ghost

Message Count:
    I have taken uo the habit of sitting mirrors throughtou my house. Just to reflect light where there was none.

Mirrors reflect things which we cnnnot always see.

20. saorasoul Ghost

Message Count:
    I have taken uo the habit of sitting mirrors throughtou my house. Just to reflect light where there was none.

Mirrors reflect things which we cnnnot always see.