CrossOver Talk??

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Tanman54, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Tanman54 Ghost

Message Count:
    Has anyone ever used Skype CrossOver Talk? If yes tell me your experience!!!
    Returned and DEADPsalm like this.
  2. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Hello Tanman..

Welcome to GhostPlace, and no, I have not used that particular feature of Skype..

M!
  3. sureshot Spirit

Message Count:
    When my boy was in Iaq we used Sype .Christmas morning. We had a lap top and we started to open gifts. It was very specail . I will never forget that.
  4. DEADPsalm Spirit

Message Count:
    So, what is Tanman54 asking about???

Here are some youtube videos of people using it:

Very interesting stuff...
    Wind Dancer and tasdevil like this.
  5. Wind Dancer Spirit

Message Count:
    Wow, this looks very interesting....not sure i'd give it a try lol
  6. Tanman54 Ghost

Message Count:
    Yes the creator of the Ovilus, Bill Chapell, created a thing he hooked up to his computer. Supposedly communicating with something.
  7. Wind Dancer Spirit

Message Count:
    I've heard of the Ovilus and that gadget seems pretty cool but, to hear a metallic/ironman type voice speaking back....i'd freak out lol
  8. Returned Spirit

Message Count:
    Welcome to GhostPlace!

Interesting, that there should be an increasing attention to how and, especially, where speech sounds are being generated. To have some means of recording audible frequency ranges is important as that recording can also be translated into print form for those with diminished auditory function (progressive hearing loss). An acceptable funding grant generator for the budding bio-physiologist, perhaps, but also with spin-off applications, like greater awareness of “how” the body functions.

The mechanical process of hearing [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm7t5S09iUg ], also inclusive of the bio-chemical and electro-chemical attributes of hearing, has very interesting structures (at least, I think so) as part of its greater workings. Two of them in plain view in this Youtube segment, something the ancient tribes and clans did not have access to as modern humankind, one, the “semicircular-canals” and two, the “cochlea,” are a couple of my favourites, or at least, interesting items because of their additional functions and shapes.

The semicircular canals greatly aides one’s balance, giving a “sense of position” in space, sort of like a gyro-scope in that it is sensitive to movement in space; the cochlea has a “spiral” shape that comes up again and again in Nature – In this case, for discerning vibrations. Stranger still, is why, for what, how, and when did this combining of semicircular canals and cochlea come into being aside each other in the human hearing mechanism. Another work in progress, to be sure.

The added “beyond” or “otherworldly” attribute makes it more interesting as well as another modality to explore. ‘Good of Edison to have given humankind a hearing toy to build on and enhance beyond what he started. After all, just what energy, vibration, and stimulus gives people a sense of hearing in the first place, not to mention the apparent non-vocalized communication sensitive’s, the dreaming dreamer, near death experiencers, out of body experiencers, sometimes describe having through their testimonials.

Noting how speech sounds are generated and how they are perceived may go a long ways in establishing why there seems to be so many languages of a singular species (humankind), too. There remains a great deal of speculation and theory in pondering the question “Why?” I have my own and then some.

Besides the enterprising “Skype” and associates, there are the growing user numbers. How that “number” translates into Near Death Experiences(ers), Out of Body Experiences(ers), EVP’s, and the like, I’m not sure, but there is something to be said of the potential, “emergent factor or property,” that gives a new perspective of what natural processes can do or portray when a threshold number is reached. Another frame of reference for this “emergent property,” is how online access has created information expansion just through numbers of online users alone. Many may debate the pros and cons of online information sources, but a transformation of information use is well in play as is an “emergence” [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence ] of awareness through similar means.

Some say it’s just another “E” word, . . . . I suppose. . . And then there’s what seems to be “spontaneously generated speech sounds,” or [ http://discoverylifeafterdeath.blogspot.com/2011/02/crossover-talk-on-skype.html ] Bill Chappell’s Skype operation. One outcome of these gizmos and gadgets is that they are meant to extend the Aristotelian senses. I think the “spin-off” from such applications is probably going to be more interesting.
    Wind Dancer likes this.
  9. Wind Dancer Spirit

Message Count:
    Ok, i just tried it out and i couldn't make out what it was saying at all! Although i did hear a growl or two lol....something i will not be doing at night...got enough of things going on as it is lol