Dartmore Cemetery Green Lake WI

Discussion in 'Ghost Stories' started by spiritgirl, Nov 18, 2007.

1. spiritgirl Ghost

Message Count:
    I just saw "A Haunting" on the Discovery Channel and they did a story on this cemetary and some kids who went there and their experiences. Supposedly there is a mosuleum and it you sit on it you can get pushed off. There is supposedly the ghost of an Indian chief and children who died maybe of polio. I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the place or has had an experience there.
  2. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Hi..

I have actually never heard of this place and a quick search in Google revealed nothing about a haunting.

I wonder if others among us will have heard of this.

Muriel!
  3. spiritgirl Ghost

Message Count:
    I found one site where one of the kids who had an experience there posted about it. I think it was castlespirits.com. He had an email address so I contacted him. Hopefully he will email me back and I can find out more. His name is Nicholas Weber.
  4. NoVA_Morabs Ghost

Message Count:
    I happened to catch this show last night and laughed the whole way through it. Found this board with a google search for the "legend."

Although I currently live in Northern Virginia, I was born and raised in Green Lake, a 3rd generation resident. My aunt used to live across from the Dartford Cemetery. My grandparents are buried on the hill across the street. As a child, on Memorial Day my classmates and I put flowers on soldiers' graves near that mausoleum. My son is about the same age as the kids in the story--not sure if he knows them though.

No life long residents of Green Lake seem to know of this "legend." It's a silly, spooky story but that's it :)

Now 5-Minute Road? That's a spooky place after dark. My dad always teased us that it was called 5-Minute Road because that's about how long it would take you to get from one end to the other of the long rustic road--in other words, VERY quickly!
  5. lskolaski Ghost

Message Count:
    People report dark figures moving about, orbs and other things. The Ho-Chunk nation inhabited this land in the 1600's. Some reports of people seeing one of the chiefs. The Ho-Chunk believe this land is sacred. People see civil war people, Children supposedly killed from small pox, and other things. The Mausoleum is located on the south side. The Dare is, if you sit on top, one of the kids will push you off.
  6. Thunderofok Ghost

Message Count:
    Good evening,

My wife saw this too and had me do some mapping and research on the place where this occurred. She watched this episode and several others. The area is located closer to Oshkosh than anywhere else.

I’m still doing the research and is how I came across this site. There are a number of things seen that often cannot be explained. Though I have my studies to tend to in math and science involving meteorology I sometimes do work and research for her n this area in the event she has questions.

Ghosts do exist I believe – and this coming from a Christian. It is my belief that we are in a never-ending battle here before the end times as spirits roam seeking souls. But as someone who yet has to do a great deal more research this is as far as I dare speak until I have the facts I need to go much further. Research into these events should be undertaken and those that can be confirmed as truthful should be placed into study for more information.

Green lake is a community located on the north end of the lake itself named Green Lake. The Cemetery is evidentially located on the Northwest side of the lake west-southwest of the community. Dartford Cemetery’s web entries aren’t many. However I may start with the historical society and see what I can come up with there.

Brian R Cross.
  7. mamaloves2 Spirit

Message Count:
    Hi Brian,

I would love to hear your findings on the area..
    I will be watching for your results!..
    And Welcome to Ghost Place!. :)