Doppelganger: The Book Ch. 1

Discussion in 'Ghost Stories' started by J-bot99, Nov 21, 2004.

1. J-bot99 Ghost

Message Count:
    Here it is, chapter one. You might not like it though, ti is nothing more than a lot of boring info. the last part's cool though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    One

First, let me explain that I have never had any encounters with the paranormal. My familly has never had any cases of mental illness, and no one I know or have known does or ever did drugs. I don't get drunk, ever. I always like to stay as sober as possible. I tell you this to help you better understand the state of my sanity, as I want no one to think me a crazy lunatic.
    I think you should also have some knowledge about the house. I live on a farm, and I never thought anything out of the ordinary would happen when I bought it. It is your average country farm with a barn, the main house, and a ton of water troughs. The house itself is a blue that cought even my eye, and I am not a big fan of the color blue. You walk into a kitchen with astonishingly yellow paint. A refrigerator is directly in front of you, with countertops, cuppords and drawers on either side. An oven is on the far left wall, and there is a sink to your right. A door next to the fridge leads you to the living room. In there you find a small coffee table, a steel gray loveseat to your left, a t.v. on your right, and a staircase. Up there ar the bedrooms, bathroom and the closet. I call it the closet because I can't think of anything else to call it. Why would I want to call it anything at all? The closet is probably the most haunted part of my house, and that is where some of my most terrifying experiences with this doppelganger takes place.
    Last, I would like to explain more thuroughly what a doppelganger is. There are a few legends that say a doppelganger is simply an evil spirit that wants nothing more than to horrify a living being. Others, however suggest something far more sinister. According to these people, and their legends, doppelgangers are the spirits of children born dead who are jealous of the living because they never had a chance at life. They try to take over the life of someone, so that they may have what was taken away from them when they were so young.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    P.S. I am also including in this book a special thank you to ghostplace. I wouldn't know have the stuff I do now about the paranormal without you. Thanks!:D

J-bot99, aka weirdo

How many times do I have to tell you we ARE alone in this universe...... I spoke to soon.
  2. Herb Spirit

Message Count:
    Sounds great!

[IMG]
  3. Vampires Fury Spirit

Message Count:
    It sounds good so far, keep going.:D

Before assuming that everything is paranormal in nature, one has to rule out all other possibilities.

Caisteal Folais'n a Theine
  4. Vampires Fury Spirit

Message Count:
    J-bot99, I'm not sure if you have read this info, but just in case here it is:
    Doppelgänger is the German word for a ghostly double of a living person. The word comes from doppel meaning 'double' and gänger translated as 'goer'. The term has, in the vernacular, come to refer to any double of a person, most commonly in reference to a so-called evil twin, or to bilocation. Alternately, the word is used to describe a phenomenon where you catch your own image out of the corner of your eye. In some mythologies, seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death.

The Doppelgängers of folklore cast no shadow and no reflection in a mirror or in water. They are supposed to provide advice to the person they shadow, but this advice could be misleading or malicious. They could also, in rare instances, plant ideas in their victim's mind or appear before friends and relatives, causing confusion.

Doppelgängers appear in a variety of science fiction and fantasy works, in which they are a type of shapeshifter that mimics a particular person or species for some, typically nefarious, reason.

[edit]
    Famous reports of the Doppelgänger phenomenon
    Emilie Sagée was a schoolteacher in the nineteenth century whose Doppelgänger's public appearances were recorded by Robert Dale Owen after being reported to him by Julie von Güldenstubbe.
    Guy de Maupassant recorded his own Doppelgänger experiences in his story Lui.
    Percy Bysse Shelley claimed to have met his Doppelgänger foreboding his own death.
    John Donne the English metaphysical poet apparently met his wife's Doppelgänger in Paris, foreboding the death of his yet unborn daughter.
    [edit]
    Emilie Sagée
    Robert Dale Owen was responsible for writing down the singular case of Emilie Sagée. He was told this anecdote by Julie von Güldenstubbe a Latvian aristocrat. Von Güldenstubbe reported that in the year 1845-46, at the age of 13, she witnessed, along with audiences of between 13 and 42 children, her 32 year old French teacher Sagée bilocate, in broad daylight, inside her school (Pensionat von Neuwelcke). The actions of Sagée's Doppelgänger included:

Mimicking writing and eating, but with nothing in its hands.
    Moving independently of Sagée, and remaining motionless while she moved.
    Appearing to be in full health while Sagée was badly ill.
    Apparently also, the Doppelgänger exerted resistance to the touch, but was non-physical (two girls passed through the Doppelgänger's body).

Before assuming that everything is paranormal in nature, one has to rule out all other possibilities.

5. Herb Spirit

Message Count:
    I'm thiking that Vamp's fury is right.

[IMG]
  6. J-bot99 Ghost

Message Count:
    That is some very interesting information Vampires Fury, thank you. I did not know that seeing a doppelganger was an omen of death. I also did not know about the real doppelganger experiences. Interesting...

J-bot99, aka weirdo

How many times do I have to tell you we ARE alone in this universe...... I spoke to soon.
  7. Vampires Fury Spirit

Message Count:
    Your welcome, J-bot99. Glad to help out. I wasn't sure if you already had that information or not, so I posted it for you. I got it from Wikipedia.com