DUDLEYVILLE, CORNWALL, CONNECTICUT

Discussion in 'Ghost Stories' started by Spirit Chaser, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Spirit Chaser Spirit

Message Count:
    Ok, for all the unknowing, this settlement, long abandoned, is known for its overwhelmingly negative psychic energy. First settled in 1738, but farming didn't work out. Seems that the production of charcoal was the only profitable industry. Residents of the town were viewed with great suspicion. "Odd accidents", suicides, and insanity seemed to plague the residents of the town. To no one surprise, the town gained a rep. for being "cursed" and naturally enough, no one wanted to live there. It is not as place to go if you are "sensitive" and can feel what others, as well as myself, have described as "dark forces". BTW, modern "witches" hold ceremonies there. The area is technically a "dead zone", where you won't see much of any kind of animal. It has since been made "private", whatever that means, and if one is caught there uninvited, well I'll let your imagination go with that one...It is considered one of the most haunted locations in thhe U.S. and there have been over 300 reports of "paranormal activity" at the site. No I can't take all the credit, though I have been there, some info. came from Dennis Hauck's book, "HAUNTED PLACES".;)
  2. Returned Spirit

Message Count:
    The author name and book sounded familiar, so, with browser and network, a simple click did the rest. I was checking a “Milwaukee, Wisconsin,” haunting and found this site related to it:

http://www.haunted-places.com/

There are other areas in the world that share similar outcomes. Weirdness! Weirdness about the inhabitants, the terrain, and sometimes-animal behavior that is not what is expected. Actually, quite an array of bits’n’pieces’ that seem to be used frequently from one report to another. They sometimes have an air of “taboo” associated with them, whether, warranted or not, that cause one to take note of potential encounters and consequences, even preset the stage for one or two. May be self-perpetuating, I’m not sure.

I’m still not satisfied about data regarding the elements, chemicals (naturally occurring in the past), and the disposition of unused components of each process humankind introduced to the areas that’s been collected to date – That’s inclusive of most areas written about worldwide.

Today, toxic levels can be ascertained through testing. Testing with dramatic results, no less, that are not easily talked about because of the local and more wide spread implications simple “fears” of these unknown outcomes instigate. They’re still playing out and make interesting reads, when time permits, if only for content, sources, and methods used during investigations.

In some accounts, chemicals become front-runners for causes and effects, but remain short of the mindset they generate. The mindset that often entails non-scientifically explained phenomena. Those people of science, psychics, sensitive’s, and the curious remain baffled by some accounts; some, so uncomfortable with data collected, resort to beliefs that do not serve them well. Like any other matter being investigated, “suspicion,” no matter its slant, pro or con for the paranormal or mundane, is not evidence.

“The area is technically a “dead zone,”” implies a great deal of mundane or science related misadventure in the pursuit of industry for profit. One only need list the qualifiers for, “dead-zone,” such as oil spill, sewage runoff from excess floodwaters, radiation, plague animals, food chain disruptions, and natural red tide cycles due to weather extremes, to name several of many more - In this area, the end leftovers from the charcoal making process.

One co-author puts it, “The Dose Makes the Poison,” but in this instance of an abandoned haunted place, the contributor may well have been the re-arrangement of environmental chemicals that took on a sequence of events indicated in the book reference, Haunted Places.

At any rate, there’s still a lot that has yet to be checked and few answers to date about who and what took place to be satisfied with any conclusion. However, mindset or the outcome noted about people’s sanity / insanity in that settlement several centuries ago, seems a process to check with modern sources and methods for determining effects on behaviour as a result of environmental exposure. Sampling, with an implied taboo to consider, . . . well, . . . I suppose it depends on how comfortable one is with their own physical and imagined protections going forward into unknown territory.