Gabes Tower - Owensboro KY

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by Venom Soup, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Venom Soup Ghost

Message Count:
    Hello everybody. I'm new here and I've got a question.

I was wondering if anybody has ever heard of Gabes Tower in Ownsboro, KY? My family and I stayed there for a few months while I was working in Owensboro, about 3 or 4 years ago. It was called Knights Inn when we were there, I think it's called Sun Motel (or something close to that) now. Aaannyway....

I rented two rooms that adjoined each other. My two oldest children slept in one room. My youngest daughter slept with my wife and I in the other. One morning, at about 3:30, I heard a ball bouncing across the floor. I heard it bounce twice and saw it bounce two more times then roll to a stop. I looked over at my (3 yr old) daughter, who was wide awake and smiling. She said "he wants to play with me". She was lying between my wife and I in the bed. She looked like she had been awake for a while and her eyes were glassy. A few minutes later she was asleep again. I couldn't go back to sleep. I just stared at the ball.

My wife had become pretty good friends with the maid and was telling her about it. She said that, a year earlier, a man had beat two kids to death with a toilet tank lid (of all things). That happened in the hall two floors above ours.

Has anybody else ever stayed there or heard this story?
    Bobby Cline likes this.
  2. annagain Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Welcome to GP Venom.

I've never heard of this place before but I tried searching the net and all I found was some stuff about the place being run down now and being sold.

Very interesting story you've told tho. Sounds like one of the unfortunate children just wanted a playmate for the night. One question, whose ball was it? Did it belong to your daughter or just appear?

[IMG]
    Enchanted siggy by the maaaaavalous JP!

Cremation....An alternative choice for those who like to think outside the box.
  3. Venom Soup Ghost

Message Count:
    I tried to google it too, and came up with the same results. It was a fairly nice place a few years ago.

It was my daughters ball :) It was a little rubber Snow White ball about half the size of a basketball.
  4. DemonSpawn Ghost

Message Count:
    Thats interesting how the maid told ur wife about the man.
    Heck i live prbaly not to far from it maby a few miles but thats it

Life is to Death as Death begins with Life
  5. Juice8076 Ghost

Message Count:
    I am from around that way. I remember that. I worked with the boys mother. This was the first time I had heard of the tower being haunted. Only one of the boys died I think. The other made it through. It was terrible. It was a toilet tank lid.
  6. teamedward Ghost

Message Count:
    i live in owensboro and the story is true...the kids were killed with the tank lid. and ive heard the ghost stories. the hotel is run down and falling apart. it has been empty for about 10 years now and was supposed to be torn down but nothing has happened with that yet.
    Bobby Cline likes this.
  7. BadBoy Ghost

Message Count:

I stayed in the Knights Inn in Owensboro some years ago. Hell It was one of the nicest motel that I have ever stayed at. What happened to It.
    I never had any encounters but I might have been there before the murder took place. It was over 15 years ago I think. Its a shame to let a nice place like that go to hell.
  8. Bobby Cline Ghost

Message Count:
    i live across the street from it;[[, ive been listening for a long time and ive heard sceams comming from the side facing the 8 ball;[
  9. Sara Ghost

Message Count:
    That would be my cousin. That was my family it happened to and it's weird to see this! He won't hurt anyone he is a nice boy! Missed very much
    taemastol likes this.
  10. taemastol Ghost

Message Count:
    Here is a link to the article that will answer any questions that you may have.
    http://www.toilettanklid.com/toilettanklidsaredangerous.html