Has anyone had the experience of a "ghost" urinating right there next to them?

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by Rose99, May 1, 2012.

1. Rose99 Ghost

Message Count:
    My story: Two weeks ago, my husband and I had the dogs outside (about 10pm) taking care of their buisness. My husband and I were talking of general stuff. Then we both heard the distinctive sound of someone urinating right next to us. I looked to the sound. I saw a puddle forming and heard the sound of someone peeing. I looked at one dog (10'away from us), looked to the other dog (45' away from us) and then to my husband (whom had his pants on, zipped up and was NOT the one responsible for the urination sound). I knew I wasn't peeing. My husband was doing the same type of scoping out the surroundings (dog 1, dog 2, me) with no "reason" for the urination sound and puddle. I pointed out the puddle to him. He acknowledged the puddle and sound. He still scoped out the surroundings (dog 1, dog 2 and me) with no reason for the sound and puddle. I was doing the same (dog 1, dog 2 and husband-still all zipped up and not the reason for the sound and puddle). This urination continued for 20-30 seconds. My husband said he saw a partial stream (3" from ground to the ground) and the puddle plus the splatter one would expect. I only saw the puddle form and start to run downhill as well as the sound. I wasnt peeing. My husband wasnt peeing. The dogs were not peeing. ?? My husband went into the house to get the thermal camera (think FLIR). There was no heat signature on the puddle at all. It was the same temperature as the surrounding ground/grass/weeds. There were stars out. No rain at all. No trees directly over head of where we were standing or where the urination occurred. Any answers?
  2. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Hi..

First, Welcome to the GhostPlace community! I hope you enjoy the time you spend with us.

Now... oh my gosh! I have actually read one other experience like this, in a large building in England, something like a warehouse. Seems the employees would see a puddle forming from the height of a child, as though a child were standing there. Of course, they saw no child.

An elderly lady turned up one day and announced she could deal with it. So.. she did what she felt she had to do, and it did indeed fix the problem in the warehouse. The bad news was that the child seemed to really like her, followed her home and well, you know what happened next. The puddles formed in her house, including her bed. This is as I remember the story, bearing in mind it has been about 25 years since I actually read it. I wonder if there is an account anywhere on the internet..

As for your naughty ghostie - it is not polite to urinate in public - I wonder who that was. What do you know about former residents who lived in your house in the past? I wonder if this could be perhaps a man or woman who had suffered from dementia of some sort, since this behavior is not uncommon among dementia patients. Curious that the thermal camera revealed nothing other than the puddle was the same temperature as the surrounding air.

How did the dogs react to this? Animals are usually very sensitive to entities around them, and react in the most honest and straightforward manner. Did your dogs notice anything out of the ordinary?

Thank-you for sharing this most extraordinary experience with us. And gosh, I have to say I do hope it does not follow you inside! :eek:

Muriel!
  3. Rose99 Ghost

Message Count:
    This happened in our side yard (we live on almost 10 acres of mostly trees with only 2 acres cleared for the house and yards). The dogs didnt react at all. Just barked at some noise in the trees (deer, raccoon, or some critter). As far as the history of the land, this is Virginia and my area had several battles on it or near it (spill over from several different battles) and somewhere near our house there was a field hospital. We know of this since the hospital was near an underground spring which is on our property. So lots of possible civil war timed ghosts most likely roam. A friend and sensitive says we have lots of "company" on our property. None have bothered us except for one ghost that wanted to talk to our daughter all night long. He just kept her up since that is the one time he could communicate with her. Since this was making her too sleepy for school, we smudged the house. Since then, no issues of talking ghosts in the house. The ghosts here seem friendly and not evil or antagonistic towards us. That is fine by me. The smudging was done since I talked to the room/ghost several times to let my kid sleep and that didnt work. So I smudged the house. No problems since. This incident was just a weird thing since I have never heard of a ghost urinating. But where else did the puddle come from?

My husband has been told by civil war enthusiasts that they have maps of the area (which includes our property) which shows a field hospital and a spring and rifle pits being on our property. Mounds with ditches (the rifle pits presumably) can be seen today. He has been told by the same people that he needs to be very careful where he digs...since he might dig up some "remains".

A neighbor not too far from our property has uncovered civil war rifles, bullets and unexploded ordinance on his property. Down the road a bit there are 10 civil war era grave markers of soldiers.
  4. dscared Ghost

Message Count:
    I am glad to have found somewhere online that talks about such a weird thing because it's happening at my house! The first time I experienced the "pee" was about a month and a half ago. My boyfriend and I had an argument early in the morning and then he left for work. Right after he left I smelt a strong odor (strong urine smell) coming from my closet so I went over to check it out and my opened bra drawer was sopping wet with what smelled and looked like urine. At first I thought maybe he did it, but he would never do anything like that. I asked him about it and I was sure it had to be him, but he couldn't believe I even asked him or accused him of it. I figured he had to be lying, but he absolutely denied it, saying he would NEVER ever do anything so awful. The more I thought about it, I realized he really wouldn't do something like that. I was stumped, and I just couldn't figure out how on earth it happened. I have two dogs, but both are shorter and neither one of them could reach the drawer to pee in it and if they did, the drawer would have broken because it's just flimsy plastic. The smell was so potent, and there was a large amount of urine so it couldn't have been a rodent or something. As time went by, I just figured it must have been a ghost because there's no other way to explain it. The reason why I am writing about it now is because it happened again last night! My boyfriend and I were watching television before bed, and I decided to get my robe or something from the bedroom. Right when I walked into the bedroom I smelled it again, and this time it was in my pajama drawer, it soaked all of the clothes, and I ran to get my boyfriend to show him that it happened again. He immediately was freaked out. I was too, it's too high for our dogs, and they were in the living room with us. I am going to have my boyfriend set up a trail camera by our closet so we can figure this out (I just hope it doesn't scare me too much). I am really freaked out. What the heck?!!! What a weird situation.
  5. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Hi..

You know, I did a little trek around Google and learned this phenomenon is not as uncommon as I had thought.

It is indeed curious that any liquid can be produced in a material form so the molecules can be identified by our sense of smell as urine. While spirits commonly use odors to announce their presences, they do not tend to produce the freshly baked loaves of bread - more's the pity, perfume, tobacco; or happily, or the rotting meat that these odors represent. In the case of the urine phenomenon, they do.

In your case the GOOD news is that it is not a rodent.. give me a ghostie rather than a rat any day!

Setting up a camera is a good plan, and perhaps trying for an EVP.. Something bizarre is happening here.

Muriel!