Hauntings of the Baker Mansion

Discussion in 'Ghost Stories' started by Wendy Erickson, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Wendy Erickson Spirit

Message Count:
    rsz_baker_mansion.jpg

The Ghost of Anna Baker
    The haunting of Anna Baker is probably the most famous ghost of the Baker mansion. When she became a young woman, she fell in love with one of her father's employees. After the two became engaged, Anna was excited to tell her parents. Her father became enraged and forbade her to ever speak to the boy again. She declared that if she could not marry the one she loved, then she would never marry at all... and she never did. Anna lived a lonesome life and died in the mansion when she was old. Visitors and employees claim to have seen a woman in a wedding gown wandering about the home. A video created by "Paranormal Junkie" tells a great story about Anna and her haunted wedding dress... which was stored in the mansion for many years.
    Other hauntings of the Baker Mansion include the David Baker, Sylvester, and the maids who were treated poorly by a master with an iron fist, You can read about the other hauntings on my blog, forsakenplaces.blogspot.com
    Returned likes this.
  2. Returned Spirit

Message Count:
    . . . Plenty big for just a house with few residents. . . That view looks like it might be the back or one of its sides. On other photos over the seasons that centre tree is not there.

That there was no marriage over the years does not preclude social activity between the two people mentioned in the stories. They, who were staff, might have been confidants toward the two lovers over the same years and never taken to loosely speaking of Ms Baker’s interludes. . . For all intensive purposes, the couple might be happily haunting the mansion. Heh! Heh!
    Wendy Erickson likes this.
  3. Wendy Erickson Spirit

Message Count:
    I'm glad to get another's perspective... very interesting!!!!
  4. Returned Spirit

Message Count:
    When first seen on this post the thought of Ancient Greece and the Parthenon came to mind. Further consideration of the photo, while reading the posting, it was clear that that building was not the “Parthenon” of Greece and later Rome. I had to check on it because there was something else about it that was gnawing in the back of the mind. Athena / Minerva, the short story out of much history and mythology.

Looking closer at the photo one can see that there are six pillars instead of eight pillars of the Grecian Parthenon. Still, there is much Masonic craftsmanship incorporated into its design. It might have been part of the background story or stories coming from this modern construction. There’s great meaning in design as if almost an effect of a talisman. My guess, is that there is much more hidden knowledge represented there than just a few stories from the locals.

Online, there is a photo of the same mansion that includes much more of the grounds around it and in one of the photos there’s like a cave or tunnel opening that appears to be low enough to lead toward a lower cellar like area under the mansion. It suggests something, through symbolism alone, of representing a portal in meaning amongst other purposes it might have been constructed or dug. . . As you mentioned, it is, “very interesting.”

I think it important and appreciate the meanings ascribed to Athena / Minerva through history and mythology of the ancients.
    Wendy Erickson likes this.