I have a spirit that will not leave me alone...

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by amanda dm1024, Apr 27, 2011.

1. amanda dm1024 Ghost

Message Count:
    I feel that it is a man and he won't leave me alone. I have asked nicely for him to leave and then demanded. He just won't go away, he is tickling my face, head, arms, neck and it is non-stop. I am scratching myself all of the time and I am so frustrated. He is even tickling me at night in my bed, when I am eating in the kitchen, doing homework with my kids. I am out of my whits and so over the intrusion. Does anyone have any ideas. Please help.
  2. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Good Evening..

Ookay, I can certainly empathize that this would be most frustrating.. I think I would be tearing my hair out by this time.

While not for one minute discounting this could well be paranormal in origin, there is always the possibility that it may be something quite physical. Have you consulted a doctor to determine that you are not suffering from a skin or nerve disorder that could mimic the sensations you are feeling? Perhaps you are allergic to something in your environment? I think this would be a good first step, to eliminate the obvious.

Now, if it does indeed turn out that there is no physical cause, you can consider that this may indeed be paranormal. Why do you think it is a man, and not a woman or child? How long has this been happening? Is anyone else in your house afflicted by this? Does it happen in one particular house, or wherever you are? Have you mentioned this to anyone else, and if so, what is their take on it?

Has anyone else tried talking to this? I think if I were in your shoes, I would consider consulting minister, priest or some other such professional. But FIRST, make sure there in nothing physical that could be triggering this..

Muriel!
    pkaz and Vervain like this.
  3. amanda dm1024 Ghost

Message Count:
    I am quite sure it is paranormal, because this happened a few days ago as well. It or he followed me everywhere in the house, not when I left the house. Last night this spirit tickled me until 1:30am. I prayed and prayed for it to go away, I finally covered my head up with the blanket and was left alone. I have spoke to my mom and she believes it is a resident that died at the nursing home she works at and it followed her; however, this is not a traditional nursing home. This is a home for mentally ill, brain injuries, low functioning adults, not the elderly. She was bothered by him and was the same kind of behavior. Why do you think I need to consult with a minister? Do you think it is something bad?
  4. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Good Morning..

Thank-you for your reply.. Your mom is quite likely right. This could be the spirit of a recently deceased resident of the facility in which she works.

I am wondering if this behavior is typical of this person; are teasing and tickling something he would have gotten a kick out of doing in life? If this is so, and given the disabilities unique to this resident, it may be little wonder he did not respond to your requests to stop, and that your demands simply fueled his entertainment, somewhat as they would for a naughty child.

I think if this is indeed the spirit of this late resident, you may need intervention, and I suggest your first step could be a priest of minister.

M!
  5. Laki Ghost

Message Count:
    Though some priests understand the possibilities of paranormal activity (to potentially be mostly harmless ghosts, or other nuisances), some of them think Everything is evil, or a demon of some kind. I don't think every singe entity deserves that treatment, so I'd be selective with my choice of priest. I believe all of us are capable of doing what a priest does. Any of us are capable of becoming priests in the "how to deal with the paranormal" sense. Though it may be beyond some people's field of interest to pursue, I'd have to say anyone could tune their energy, train, and practice in dealing with spirits. Including women, who can have different tactics and innate skills that could be useful in these situations, but whom you will not find as traditional priests, because they are not allowed.

I should make a separate subject for this, but on topic, you have a very curious spirit following you around. If they are indeed like a naughty child in the head, they may use a good stern talking to and threatened taking away of privileges as punishment. But what you really want is to open up the doorway to where they are supposed to be, and push them through, or convince them to go through. You'll have to go with your gut on the spirit's nature, since it may be hard to describe, but easy to sense. If it will only go away if shouted at and scared off, then a priest might do the trick.

I just don't know if 'getting it to just go away' is the right thing to do when dealing with the ghost of a once-human. Once a soul has left the body, it would no longer be handicapped by bodily ills. Except they might not know that if they missed the boat on realizing they're free. Maybe you could give that a try. Get its attention, and explain to it who it is, and where it should be going. If it is the ghost of a mentally ill person, then they aren't truly ill anymore without that confining body. I believe you will get some reaction if it is listening. If the annoyance persists in the exact same manner, then it may be an entity that formed from the energies inside the mental hospital, not an actual Ghost. In which case, harsher tactics may be best.
  6. amanda dm1024 Ghost

Message Count:
    Thank you for responding. You are right it was his typical behavior in life and he did not respond to normal requests even in life. As you have figured out he was mentally ill and did have child like behavior. I have a friend that can hear spirits she is the clairvoyant I have mentioned before. She is hopefully coming over to help. She is practiced in this sort of thing. THank you again.
  7. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Hi..

Yes, figuring that out was not a huge challenge for me.. I too worked with developmentally disabled people, some of whom battled psychological issues as well, for years.. I can almost see this person in my mind.

This lady may well be helpful.. please let us know. I am very curious to learn what she has to say.

Muriel!
  8. amanda dm1024 Ghost

Message Count:
    Will do, I spoke to her yesterday and we are meeting Friday evening.
  9. amanda dm1024 Ghost

Message Count:
    Thank you for your response, I also agree that not all spirits are evil. My mom has said I need to be more direct with him as she had to in life. He didn't understand boundaries and still doesn't. He wasn't here yesterday, but I am wondering if he will return. As I do believe he was here a few days before, left and returned. I am hoping my friend a clairvoyant will help. She can here the spirits where I cannot. She also is going to try to teach me to block spirits that are intrusive and to let them know I cannot help them. We shall see how things go. If she doesn't work than my next step might be a priest. I do try to tell spirits to go into the light and it is okay and safe, I let them know they are dead as I do believe many of them don't realize it.
  10. amanda dm1024 Ghost

Message Count:
    Hi I am sorry for not reporting back sooner, I have been so tied up with this spirit and trying to get rid of him I thought it might help if I didn't get on here for a while. Things got pretty bad he was in my bubble every minute of everyday and was very hard to get rid of I think he is probably gone now, as of yesterday. The lady that was going to help me really didn't do anything except tell me that she wanted this to be a learning experience on how to deal with spirits, and I tried to tell myself I didn't want anything to do with it, it was all in my head(I wish), and well that didn't work. I went to the lady and told I couldn't handle this anymore and needed help, she told me I needed to work on my shield and building it up I have sort of figured it out and she said she would send me help. And well the two of us were able to get rid of him, finally. But he is gone and I have a new spirit bugging me and I really just want to figure out how to not be a sensitive, I really don't want anything to do with the spirit world, I know that may seem selfish; however, it stresses me out and takes alot out of me and I have too many other things in my life that need to be taken care of first and foremost. If you have any ideas on how to block out spirits I am all ears. Thanks
  11. tru2blu4u Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Well.. I'm sorry you are going through this.. and I had a situation that took me years to resolve, so I know how frustrating it can be.
    I think your frustration is becoming a beacon of energy.. that draws the attention.. and the more you react, the more it wishes to play.. I know it's hard to ignore, but doing so might help in the long run.. If it doesn't get a reaction.. there isn't any fun in playing right.
    I would say "no" firmly then turn your back. mentally and physically turn your back.. since other things haven't completely worked.. it isn't a fix all.. but it might help.
  12. amanda dm1024 Ghost

Message Count:
    That actually makes a Lot of sense, I did go through about a two week stretch of trying to put my back to all of it, but when I was still being touched I did react, I felt this spirit in my hair line and I was constantly putting my hand there, headbands, blankets, what ever was in my reach to try to block the sensation. I will try this though as annoying as it is I will try not to react in any way. Thank you I guess I hadn't even thought of dealing with it that way. I have also been trying to form a barrier that sort of works but not strong enough to keep them out. Some of them are very persistent and intrusive. If you have anymore thoughts I am open to suggestions. Thanks Amanda
  13. Julia Rivera Wraith

Message Count:
    Amanda,
    I read your comment regarding the spirit that will not leave you alone. I have one too who plays with my hair all night and keeps me awake doing the same kinds of things. He even tries to spoon me in bed. I have tried demanding he leave and also tried talking to him and asking but he is persistent. He followed me back from a hotel in Hawaii. He follows me to hotels when I try to get a good night sleep. Nothing works. My question is - Is he gone? What did you do to get rid of him? I can hire an expert but it costs over $200 and I want to try on my own. I understand what you are going through. No sleep and tired during day and dread going to bed at night since his presence is behind my bedboard and in my box springs. I know it sounds crazy, but I am sure you can relate. Please give me your success story if you have one! I am desperate. THANK YOU!
  14. XxRossanaxX Spirit

Message Count:
    sometime in 2009-2010, my boyfriend got up from a day
    This reminded me. Some time in 2009-2010, my boyfriend got up from a day bed in the middle of the night, to walk my dog ... I can't remember why, but I did not normally have my heavy-weight blanket, and when he got up I started to shiver ( I need weight to not feel cold) and was not well... I verbally stated and complained outloud that I needed weight in order not to get cold, and some other things that were going on. There were some hard things going on for me in my life at this point, and this was not the first incident where I caught some actual compassion from an earthbound entity, nonetheless, it was still a haunting.

When my boyfriend walked outside, to my shock (and let me tell you I was wide awake with chills, I was not in the half-asleep half awake state) I felt another person lay up next to me as if they were spooning me, and trying to rest their body on me ( was laying on my left side, facing the wall, my back facing the middle of the living room) not only did this entity spoon me, I felt him pull over the blanket on one part of my shoulder.

I could not believe it. I wanted to believe it was an non-earthbound entity that crossed over because I did *not* feel it prior, it somehow escaped my detection while I was sleeping in the room (that is unsettling for me because I can usually alwaysdetect one)... but later to find it was an earthbound that just got REALLY good at making sure I could not detect him... used to run from me seeing him when I caught him and looked at him too.

for me, ignoring and not reacting to him was enough... but that might not be enough for you... it might be hard to find this,,, but try to find someone who can legitimately cross over or get rid of ghosts from your home... some people claim to do ti over long distances (I've seen it work once) but usually that is not the case.
  15. savage Wraith

Message Count:
    create a charm with something that brings you luck and keep it on you at all times. that should work
  16. Julia Rivera Wraith

Message Count:
    Thank you! Since I made my post, I have been sleeping in the living room for almost 4 months. I still have a light on at night. But, so far, he has not bothered me. I am going to attempt to sleep back in my room this weekend. I am scared, but it is time to know if he is gone for good. Thank you for your story. Now I know I am not alone in this.
    savage likes this.
  17. savage Wraith

Message Count:
    so how did it go? did he leave you alone?
  18. Serenity Spirit

Message Count:
    I work with brain injury people and have to tell you that not everyone looks at these people as real people , rather just a body unable to communicate , Is it possible this man knows that you have a special ability to recieve him ? He may just be trying to get your attention to listen to him ...Perhaps you should ask him what it is he is trying to say , ask him to communicate in a dream as to what he wants to say ... It is not unusual for a brain injury person to touch your head as most oftn they do not acknowledge that they even have a body , so perhaps this is why he tickles your hair and head .Let him know you realise he is a whole and can communiate and if you are not comfortable tell him and ask him to leave . most often they will go once they are acknowledged as a whole . I wish you luck but do not feel this a threat to you , in fact i almost feel like this man may very likely be someone you have known , someone who has had a brain aniorism or injury , cancer , tumor ..