More scratch marks just appeared on my back

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by ArmyofOne, Mar 18, 2011.

1. ArmyofOne Spirit

Message Count:
    I had an old post where I was scratched, and I showed pics. The same thing happened to me again.

I was watching the King of Queens. It's about 4:25 am, and this happened about thirty minutes ago. I went to go lay down in my bed and I was starting to fall asleep. All of a sudden I feel a really bad burning sensation on my lower back. I just assumed this would go away. It started getting worse, to the point where I sat up and went to the bathroom to take a look. Sure enough... two very deep long scratch marks that were closely parallel to one another.

I'm really trying to figure out what is causing this. Now I can't seem to fall back asleep because of it. :/

I had a rough day, and have been feeling isolated ever since this morning. I got out, took my mind off things, and had a pretty decent evening. Once again I can't sleep no matter what time it is at night. Just as I was about to doze off, this happens.

I was wearing a shirt while laying down. But, I have no clue how the shirt could have made such scratches. It just doesn't make sense. I have no animals in this house, and haven't been scratched at all. I did a goggle search and learned feather pillows can do this. We don't have feather pillows, or anything related to that in this house.

I'm just trying to figure out what the heck is doing this because I have never felt a burning sensation like that before just laying down ready to sleep. It was enough for me to sit up and make me really confused. In all honesty it felt like a lighter being held a few inches from my back just sitting there. It was worse than last time when this happened.

Is this spirit related? Or is there something else going on that are causing these that I don't know about? Another thing I looked into was if I was doing them without realizing it. I don't know how that could be the case, because to cause these scratch marks it would be very noticeable.

I'm going to take a picture for you all let me know what you think... I know I made a similar topic before but I really want to get down to what is causing this. It's starting to become a worry for me.
    -Cody

http://img708.imageshack.us/i/part1300445015501.jpg/

I'm not to sure what the sphere like dark circle is by my shoulder blade in the picture because it's nothing is up there when I looked. It's not a nipple! It's my back not my chest. It still kinda burns right now too. Let me know what you think. I'm going to see if I can get some sleep. I'm exhausted.
  2. Kurisu Spirit

Message Count:
    They look a little old...you said you took this 30 minutes after?

I'm wondering if maybe you didn't accidentally get scratched while doing something then laying down irritated it? There have been times when I got cut very bad and didn't realize it until I sat/laid on it or someone else pointed it out (or I saw the blood). Before you go to bed at night, do you check yourself over first? Also have you changed your sheets?

-*-Proud Air Force Wife-*-

[IMG]
    The false evidence is boiling out: Hypocrisy, isn't it wonderful? ~Dir en Grey
  3. Hatchet Spirit

Message Count:
    You need to start protecting yourself all the time.

Don't be scared of the things that go bump in the night, bump them back!
  4. ArmyofOne Spirit

Message Count:
    @Kurisu- Yeah I took that picture about 30 mins after it happened. That was a really bad picture too. These were red and very deep. In the picture they almost look pink. Do you think maybe I actually scratched these myself like two days ago, and maybe I irritated them by laying down the wrong way or something? Gash, I mean that's the only thing I can come up with at the moment. I don't check myself over before I go to sleep but I'm going to start doing that forsure. I'm very aware of myself at all times though and I can almost swear those things werent on me until I felt the burning sensation. They are on a part of my back where it's really hard to make scratches like that you know? I haven't changed my sheets but I am going to do that as well. See what happens. That picture was really deceiving though, pretty bad lighting. They are still here today, same size, and color.
    I do know what you mean though about not knowing if you did it until later when someone else pointed it out. This was just an instant thing that happened and it didn't feel to great.
    Thanks for your reply kurisu, I will see what I can come up with to what caused these.

@Hatchet- Are you sure this is spirit related though? Obviously that's why I posted here because it's a possibility but... gash I sure hope not. Don't know why something would be scratching me like that. :/
  5. Hatchet Spirit

Message Count:
    No Cody, I'm not sure. I can't be. I sure hope it's not too but just in case does it hurt to protect yourself from anything like that? I'm the first one usually to look for the normal reasons but this isn't the first time it's happened to you. You're not the hysterical type either. Have you ever done an EVP in your house, you might want to.

6. ArmyofOne Spirit

Message Count:
    I think I'm gonna give it a shot hatchet. I'm going to buy a audio recorder here soon too. See what happens...
    the burning sensation was so excruciating I popped out of bed and looked around. I just don't know how these could have appeared. Remember the first time it happened I was watching ghost adventures, and I felt it but it wasn't that bad. I just realized it when I got home that they were there. This time, it hurt. I will try to take another picture in the light of what they look like right now. Maybe get a better picture on here.
  7. ArmyofOne Spirit

Message Count:
  8. Hatchet Spirit

Message Count:
    Yea, Cody, I took a look at that picture again and I can see it took some pressure to scratch like that. You can actually see the inflammation around the scratches, I think you would have felt it when it happened.
    I look forward to hearing how the evp session goes.
    If it is an entity doing this to you it would answer some lingering questions you have of oppression. A haunting would do it.

9. ArmyofOne Spirit

Message Count:
    Thanks for the reply hatchet. You know, it's just funny because I have had no experiences here. I feel okay... (other than being anxious) I have not had any signs... or anything of that. :/ I actually really enjoy this house to be honest. But, there is no way I could have caused those and not realized it. The burning feeling was nothing I have ever felt before. I'l definitely post my EVP results if I get any. My birthday is tomorrow, and I'm headed off to dinner with the family tonight. :D When I get home I might go for a night drive to buy myself one of them recorders. I'l let you know what I get okay. :D
  10. Tantric Kitten Spirit

Message Count:
    I have two suggestions. The first (and forgive me if it's unthinkable) is that occasionally I will wind up with scratches like that if someone eats and leaves chip or cracker crumbs where I lie down (on the sofa or occasionally in my bed if someone's been playing the xbox and snacking).

The second is that my friend's husband gets mystery scratches _all_the_time_. We have actually watched them form. It has been going on for years (at least four or five) and their house has a well-documented, deeply rooted haunting. No one else in their family of four and no one else who's ever spent any amount of time in the house gets scratched. Over the years we've watched the incidence increase from once a month or so to new scratches almost every day. Finally, because he feeds into the haunting (he always freaks out in the most gratifying way) -- we think that has something to do with it -- and, quite frankly, because we've grown tired of hearing it, we told him to completely ignore it no matter what happens. He has been doing a pretty good job of it lately and the incidence has decreased from almost every day back to about once every two weeks... and almost always after he's "fed" the haunting.

My absolute best advice goes against first instinct in this case. Make sure that there are no environmental factors that could be causing it (even if you get an itch in the shower you can scratch yourself VERY badly because your skin is soft... something I've done myself with absolutely no fingernails) and then ignore it. If you must document it, do so well away from the house (at least a couple miles). See what happens when you do that.
  11. ArmyofOne Spirit

Message Count:

Very interesting about the crackers or chips. I did have some club crackers a few days ago. Do you know how they can cause scratches like that though? I also had a shirt on at the time it happened. The first time it happened to me there was no food involved whatsoever and I was wearing a shirt. I was not at my house the first time it happened either. I tried doing a Google search about the chips causing it I couldn't find anything. But, it's super interesting it has happened to you because of the same reason! I would say that is what may have caused it but I just laid down... with a shirt on. It started burning very shortly after. But, my skin did not touch the bedding at all.
  12. Kurisu Spirit

Message Count:
    Do you think a thorn or something could've caught in the fabric of your shirt? Or you accidentally scratched yourself when you were itching your back? When I stopped biting my nails for my wedding I constantly forgot I had nails and ended up shredding my skin on accident by scratching absentmindedly.

I'm not trying to claim your crazy, I'm just trying to help you rule out obvious things.

[IMG]
  13. ArmyofOne Spirit

Message Count:
    No that's okay Kurisu I know you don't think that. :D
    I'm not sure about the thorn thing. Not that I would know of anyway. It was a very clean shirt. Just hanging in my closet. I had wore it for about 5 hours in the day, and during those 5 hours I wasn't even outside. We don't have any plants except for the fake one by my bed. No thorns or anything. I'm very assure I didn't scratch it. Just the fact that it was not there until I felt that burning feeling. It's in a very weird spot to scratch it but it's not impossible to not scratch it. It's just it would have taken alot of bending to scratch to the point to go into the skin like it did. I'm definitely not ruling it out though. It's just I can almost swear it's not the case here. It literary felt like a lighter was being held about an inch from my skin when this happened. It slowly got worse though. I would have jumped out of bed if it felt like that obviously. But, at the end when I got up it was getting very close to feeling like that. :/
  14. Kurisu Spirit

Message Count:
    Have you ever thought about having an exorcism?

[IMG]
  15. Tantric Kitten Spirit

Message Count:
    I don't know how those little buggers can do it but I have gotten scratched from them (actually, I have some on my hip from just that... my younger son was eating chips on my bed and they worked their way under my pajama pants... otherwise the ghosties are getting me and I'm just blaming it on the chips... we'll see now that I've changed the bedding out). I do have fairly sensitive skin, though. I can't use certain soaps and other products because they'll make me break out.

I'm not saying that it's absolute. But it's so easy to scratch oneself and not notice it until hours later when it gets something else on it or we move and stretch it and it starts burning.

I, personally, believe with all my heart that an entity CAN NOT harm us unless we allow it to. There are many ways for us to let them in (fear, substance abuse, believing they can hurt us, mistaking their feelings for our feelings and becoming careless to the point we accidentally or on purpose hurt ourselves)... but they CAN NOT actually affect us physically unless we let them. I've been in many hairy situations and only the one time I came out with a tiny little scratch on my cheek... but then I think the ghost caused a sensation (burning and tickling) that made me mess with it so much that I scratched myself. I have a friend, on the other hand, who had an EVP that said "I'm going to hurt you" and later "I'm going to kill you" and "I'll make you sorry you were ever born" who then got necrotizing fasciitis shortly after said investigation and he believes that they can hurt us... and comes out of investigations with all sorts of scratches and bruises.

I guess I should have said that second part earlier but I wanted you to experiment with the idea of not feeding into it. Trust me... KNOW that they can't hurt you no matter what they can make you feel like for a moment or two and don't let it happen.

As for the scratches... like I said, there are so many ways we can hurt ourselves accidentally and not notice it. How many times have you found a bruise on, say, your thigh and not been able to come up with how you did it no matter how hard you tried to remember where it came from (and not because you had a drunken blackout)? I'm not saying it's not paranormal. I'm saying it's unlikely... and even if it is you have control over that by refusing to buy into it. (and, I really did want you to try that because my friend's husband is having success with it... I was and still am hoping it's that easy in your situation)
  16. ArmyofOne Spirit

Message Count:
    Kurisu- Hey, sorry for the late reply! I been out of town this weekend. I have had brief thoughts. Silly thoughts. I don't think nothing to extreme though.

Kitten- I know this may sound goofy, but I think i'm going to lay some cracker crumbs on my bed again and lay down for a while and watch some TV. Then see if this happens again. I will let you know what happened. :D