Payne Road ??????????????

Discussion in 'Ghost Stories' started by Idie4blue22, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Idie4blue22 Ghost

Message Count:
    Has anyone heard of a road in North carolina called Payne Road? All we Know is that people drive up to the bridge and stop and turn off the car and it will not restart and if u look into the wood u see images of ghost then eventually the car restarts and u drive off scared as sh**. What we do know is that there is a new bridge and it still does it. they knocked the old house down it was 50 feet from old bridge. anybody have anything to say? (we have heard alot of stories).
  2. Chula6971 Ghost

Message Count:
    <center>Payne Road - There is local legend about a man who killed his family, it is said that he haunts the area and once you leave he haunts your dreams. Also an early 1930's type car has been seen by a few people but once off of Payne Rd. the car disappears. </center>

<center>[IMG]</center>
    <center>I've learned you can't make anyone love you, all you can do is beat the crap out of them until they agree to.</center>
  3. Idie4blue22 Ghost

Message Count:
    It's really strange that you mention the dream thing because a few weeks ago we went up there with a friend and a few nights after our experience I had a really vivid dream in which we were all back there but we were in a church and we were being chased because someone thought we took something from them.......it was odd. It's scary to think that maybe there was a ghost haunting me in my dreams. We saw 2 weird dogs while we were driving down the road and they had red eyes- even when there was no light reflecting on them. Locals say that the dogs aren't real and if they follow you long enough you can see them just disappear- we didn't wait around long enough for that to happen!! We didn't see the car while we were there but the friend we were with mentioned that his friend had been at the old bridge before they knocked it down and that he saw two men get out of the car and dump a body bag in the creek and drive off. Well while we were driving down the road that night we saw a white bodybag torn up on the side of the road and it was all bloody but when we drove back it was gone.What do u think???
  4. Corynth Ghost

Message Count:
    Found a few stories about Payne Road (I love researching this stuff). I copied and pasted them as I found them. Didn't edit a thing (so any spelling errors are their fault. Nya!).

The first story is about the Payne Plantation. It's said that the owner of the plantation, Mr. Payne, built the plantation on a valley with very steep hills on all sides. The main part of the plantation was the mansion that was located on the northern most hilltop that over looks the rest of the plantation. The whole plantation consisted of slave shacks, a chapel, the mansion, the fields, and a river that flowed through the valley, which supplied the plantation with water. Well the story begins with Payne, who had four daughters. Payne was a racist and had isolated his daughters from society. I guess he was very over protective, but because of this his daughters grew up hating their father and also hating the way he treated his slaves. Payne soon found out his daughter was pregnant; the father of the baby was one of his slaves. This caused Payne to go insane. He cursed the Lord blaming him and turned to devil worship. He then took the slave who had gotten his daughter pregnant and brutally sacrificed him to satan. A few months later he found out that his youngest daughter had gotten pregnant by another one of his slaves. This caused him to go completely crazy! Payne did the same thing he had done to the other slave, but afterwards he stormed the slave shacks with anything he could get from small sticks to deadly farming tools. He started killing everything he could hit and eventually murdered his entire family. Afterwards Payne burned the plantation, which killed most of the remaining slaves.

The second story is about a man and his wife and his four children. The man often argued with his wife and after one argument the man decided that all his problems were being caused by his children. The husband decided he'd end his problem by getting rid of the children. He tied his wife up in a chair, gagged her and brought down their oldest child. He then said to kiss mom good night and as the child kissed her good night the father walked up behind her, drew out an extremely large carving knife and cut the child's throat. He did this with the next two children. He then went up for the last child, a baby. When he saw the infant he could not bring himself to cut the infant's throat like he had done to his other children. So he decided to drown the infant in a well in the backyard. As he walked out side his wife broke free from her restraints and ran outside. She grabbed the infant from her husband and ran down the road. As she came toward the bridge her husband caught up. He neatly cut her head off with the carving knife. He then took the child back home and through it into the well. He then went back to the bridge and hung himself. It is said that if you go to the house you can hear the three children scream as their father killed them and also hear the baby crying in the well. It is also said the fathers body can be seen at the bridge hanging from the rafters and also the image of the wife holding her head.

The third story involves a barn found on Payne road. Teenagers used to go and watch the sail boats go by on the river. Well on one prom night two teenagers didn't come home. Their parents were told that they had gone to the old barn on Payne road. Their parents went to find them, they find the boys car in front of the barn. When they went inside they found the two teenagers dead, they had both hung themselves. It is said that at night on prom night you can see the two teenagers pull up in their car and go into the barn; the car later vanishes into the night.

The last story is about a 1936 or 1937 Ford that crashed on the second to last curve on Payne road. The second to the last curve is said to be the sharpest of all the curves on the road. It is about 180 degrees. This is also the curve real close to where the old chapel used to stand (the same chapel that Payne worshiped satan in). The driver died a slow and painful death. After he crashed the car it caught fire and slowly burned him to death. Now if you drive on Payne road at night you can see the lights of another vehicle appear behind you. The lights will follow you until you come to the second to last curve, as you turn the curve the lights vanish.

Interesting (if icky) stuff.

-- Corynth

Knowledge is never dangerous.
  5. Idie4blue22 Ghost

Message Count:
    Very, very icky stuff. It's cool that you found all of that stuff though, we've been lost on the internet for hours looking for it! Thanks =o)
  6. Chula6971 Ghost

Message Count:
    <center>All you had to do was type ito any search browser engine was Payne Road, North Carolina then hit enter.Course you get more stuff about Mr Payne though..lol</center>

<center>[IMG]</center>
    <center>I've learned you can't make anyone love you, all you can do is beat the crap out of them until they agree to.</center>
  7. NotSkeptic Ghost

Message Count:
    If there is a supernatural explanation to the Payne Road thing, I'm sure it's not any of those stories. Well, it could be one of those stories, but since all 4 of them are pretty ridiculous the case would probably be a more realistic version of one of those stories. Well, the third story about the teenagers wasn't ridiculous, but it wasn't very well explained. Why did they hang themselves? Since it is the only story that isn't sensationalized I would say it has the greatest chance of being true.