Soulmates

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by lady_darklock, Jul 5, 2012.

1. lady_darklock Spirit

Message Count:
    Soulmate~ (Urban dictionary)
    A person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet -- a connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you have never experienced before. As this connection develops over time, you experience a love so deep, strong and complex, that you begin to doubt that you have ever truly loved anyone prior. Your soulmate understands and connects with you in every way and on every level, which brings a sense of peace, calmness and happiness when you are around them. And when you are not around them, you are all that much more aware of the harshness of life, and how bonding with another person in this way is the most significant and satisfying thing you will experience in your lifetime. You are also all that much aware of the beauty in life, because you have been given a great gift and will always be thankful.
    Finding my soulmate is the best thing that has ever happened to me; I have never felt this kind of love and understanding. We connect in so many ways, it astounds me.

I'd just like to know how many people believe in soulmates and what their take is on that.

Do they exist? If they do, is it also in the after life, if one is so inclined to believe in.
    Do you believe you've met or found your soulmate in this life time?

I, myself, am not sure if there are soulmates. I'm pretty sure I haven't found mine. :)
    I'd love for it to be true, though. You read of celebrity or famous people falling in love and how they profess that they have found their soul mate and then a few years down the road, they are back in the tabloids with a messy or silent split.

But also, there comes a time when you run across an article of a couple that have been married for ages (54th wedding anniversary as an example but not the rule in the passage of time.) They seem to all outwards appearances, still in love as they were in the blossom of their youth. Eyes still staring adoringly into the others. A wistful smile on ones lips as the other is swept away by the intensity of the moment. Just like it was yesterday. :cool:

Don't get me wrong... I've had those moments of "a light shone down upon him and all else faded into darkness as I could hear the blood pounding in my ears and my breath seeping from my tightening chest as if my heart just dropped to my stomach" moments. ;)

But was that my soulmate moment? Nope! Just animal attraction in the heat of a hot night club ohhh so many years ago.

I would just like to know how people feel about that concept of soulmates and mate for life or eternity.

Ciao!:D
    DizzyLights, XxRossanaxX and Returned like this.
  2. DEADPsalm Spirit

Message Count:
    I do believe in the concept of soulmate; but not necessarily to the point of that person being a wedded mate for life or eternity. I also believe soulmate connections can occur at different levels of our personality. I have encountered this connection with several people; male and female. To this day, I only remain in contact with one of the males (my closest friend), and one of the females (my wife). The connection I have with each of them is vastly different yet both are critical to me keeping a grip on life. In my experience, those relationships in which I have had "textbook" soulmate connections have ultimately become rather confrontational.
  3. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Hi..

Yes, I do believe in soulmates, but I do not know from where this connection stems. The immediate explanation is that these two souls have tracked each other through a number of incarnations, but of course there is truly no way of knowing.

I am fortunate in that like DeadPalm, I believe I married mine, and while it would be cool to think we had known each other in previous existences on this plane, again there is no way to know that.

Muriel!
    lady_darklock and XxRossanaxX like this.
  4. Returned Spirit

Message Count:
    Soul mate?

The concept is sound as well as beyond words when known to each. Likely, to be more common than what people admit to - Likely, beyond the corporeal, too.

It’s unfortunate that the loss of a soul mate - The corporeal loss that becomes known as an empathic tear straight from the heart, can be such that one is not aware that they are still corporeal from the loss until sometime later.

Descriptors pale and fail to describe the agony of mind, the corporeal, and spirit throughout what seems an endless expanse. Yet, words are sought and offer some help to the bearer of this intense and often strange sense of existence, to begin to understand something of it and to know that others before them have also known something of this strange intensity. There is a similarity with parent and child though no exclusive beholden to any party that endures.

The spirit, it seems, suffers a trauma, too, that takes time to heal from the primal shock reaction of the event. Sensitives who endure may find that they know, too, when their kin transition from the corporeal; even long time close friends.

Safe journey pondering the riddles often suggested of this mystery of mind and heart
  5. lady_darklock Spirit

Message Count:
    Thank you for replying. I didn't think about "other" forms of soulmates. Those of relationships that bond in different relational levels. Thanks for bringing that to surface. :D
  6. lady_darklock Spirit

Message Count:
    That's what I've thought of as a soulmate. One that has been tracked through passed lives and revisited in the present one. But seeing as there are so many eligible 'mates' out there that we meet each and every day, it would be like trying to find a needle in a mountain of a haystack.

So happy that you found yours, Miss Muriel!

Thanks! :)
    XxRossanaxX likes this.
  7. paranormaltrey Ghost

Message Count:
    well my concept of a soulmate is just plain simple. It's someone you are destined to be with .. if time and space is divided into different plains of reality then in each reality you would fall to a different soulmate because of the circumstances and the decisions you made in that reality. It's just a thought though. lol.
  8. lady_darklock Spirit

Message Count:
    So it would be safe to say that the surviving soul mate would be haunted for a time until it could wrest their emotional connection with that of the empathic link of the departed.

The importance of grieving and seeking therapy would be recommended with such close relationships. Another side to the soul mate relations.

Thank you! :cool:
  9. lady_darklock Spirit

Message Count:
    Interesting. Never thought it would be a different soul mate for a different reality? Of course the possibilities are enormous! ;) Some believe in shadow universes that mirror ours, so who's to say that they could be alternate soul mates that might, oh ...:rolleyes:, Jump dimensions. anything is possible right?

Thanks for sharing your view!
  10. paranormaltrey Ghost

Message Count:
    Right! That would be cool. Oh well... I guess I watch to much scifi .. i dream of people who are unknown to me but in the dream I have strong emotional connection with them. They could be my soulmate in an alternate universe. Maybe it is possible :D
    lady_darklock likes this.
  11. lady_darklock Spirit

Message Count:
    Never know. I dream every night. I love to sleep just for the simple fact that I know I am going to dream . And in those dreams I get to be in a different place and experience a "different' sort of existence. Some think that our souls partially leave our slumbering bodies and 'live' a separate life in another dimension. (Yeah right?! Dimension of My creation LOL? who knows) People have often said, they have experienced the astral plain and have met their mate there. If this is true, I don't know. But they claim it just the same.
  12. annagain Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Well right now at this point in my life I do believe that I am married to my soulmate. Before I met him I probably would have said I didn't believe in soulmates.

It was just so weird the night I first met him, at my best friends party, I looked into his eyes from across the room and a voice in my head said that's the man you're going to marry! I immediately thought oh heck no!! I had no intention of ever getting serious with anyone again. But here I am 19yrs later and I fall in love with him more each and every day. Ok yes I do have days when I want to smack him upside his head LOL but he is the one I am meant to be with.
  13. DizzyLights Wraith

Message Count:
    Yes I do, but I agree with DeadPsalm that its not always a romantic one...they might be a family member, a friend or a work colleague! People are always saying to me "I'm sure I've met you before ya know.." lol
  14. lady_darklock Spirit

Message Count:
    That's wonderful Anna! Perhaps it just takes a little time for the soul to recognize the other and or just grow into that nice comfortableness. Thanks for sharing your story and I apologize that for it taking so long for the reply. Life happened and keeps happening. ;)
  15. lady_darklock Spirit

Message Count:
    I am in agreement with that. You meet those people and your thinking it's a de ja vu' moment. "Don't I know you?", yet you are certain that you've never met before. Each day I learn new things that provoke deep thought. It's refreshing to have a place to come and voice those curiosities with others and not feel ridiculed for asking the question that, perhaps, someone else has always wondered about as well.

Cheers!:p
    DizzyLights likes this.