Story of THe Crying lady

Discussion in 'Ghost Stories' started by Emiterio2003, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Emiterio2003 Ghost

Message Count:
    This Ghost Story is true.
    El Yorona (The Crying Lady)
    100 years ago a lady that lived in Texas, was unhappy and she didn't want her children to live on the streets, so one day she took her two children to a river and they could swim so she pussed them in and let them drown. She got thier bodies and chopped them and left thier pieces up on the mountains for the animals to eat and went home and she poked her eyes out and ran through the town and a man killed her. When she got to heaven god sent her to find the souls or bones of her kids and bring them to heaven.

Email Comments
  2. Abby Ghost

Message Count:
    I heard a different story. What I heard was that:

This lady (who lived in Texas) husband, was cheating on her with another woman. When he told her that he was acutally leaving her for this woman, she went crazy and she wanted to hurt him. She wanted to do something that would kill him! She knew that he loved their children so much and they also looked a lot like him. So what she did was she threw the children in the river, knowing that they were to young to swim. The children were about 3 to 6 years of age.

When she had realized what she had done, she tried to get them out but it was too late because the children had already drowned. She was never able to get them out of the riverdead or alive. So everyday she would walk by the river crying, trying to find her children. Until one day, she thought she saw one of her children in the river, calling her. (by this time she had already gone completely insane) Well, she jumped in the water to go to her child and she drowned as well. So, now she is still seen crying by the river, looking for her lost children and many, many, people have seen her.

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars..
  3. mistyDreamer89 Ghost

Message Count:
    how awful! both of those stories are sad.... :(

Here's my 10 cents
    My 2 cents is free
  4. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Hello!..

Either way, these stories are terribly sad!

I do hope they are fiction.

You take care!

Muriel!
    [IMG]
  5. traveler Ghost

Message Count:
    curious.... we have that same legend here in Colombia...just don´t remember why this lady (La Llorona) drowned her children....every year on december we have a parade, streets closed and all, and I recall the depiction of la Llorona and others, I remember this legend about a headless (?) father that roamed the streets of Cartagena, it was even on the news once....

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you
    can meet again"
  6. Chula6971 Ghost

Message Count:
    The way that i heard the story of La Llorona was similar to what Abby said.

The only difference was that the man was a rich man, who owned slaves/servants. He had a servant of the house that he would bed many times. This servant/slave fell in love with him, bore him 5 or 6 children and then wanted to marry him. She had brought up this idea of them marrying to him and he just laughed in her face saying he would never marry her, for she was only a servant/slave. She then later found out he was going to marry someone else, when she found this out she took their children to a river and drowned them....then the rest of the story is the same as what Abby said.

I've learned you can't make anyone love you, all you can do is beat the crap out of them until they agree to otherwise.
  7. traveler Ghost

Message Count:
  8. Abby Ghost

Message Count:
    Both links are great! The second link is exactly how I remember the story of La Llorona to be. Indeed this man was a rich man who left this poor woman for someone who was his own level and so she got revenge by throwing her children in the river.

9. scaryghost123 Ghost

Message Count:
    I hate those stories, they're too sad for me

"There is nothing to fear but fear itself"
  10. Lostsoul88 Ghost

Message Count:
    i just have thought if it is told all over the place maybe it's not true...?!
    did you ever think about it that way?

~ashley~
  11. traveler Ghost

Message Count:
    IMHO I think it´s just a legend, I mean the same ghost in so many places? Or some crying ghosts are just taken for la llorona. I think it just happened once back in the 1500s and somehow was retold over and over......

can meet again"
  12. IhateSubway Ghost

Message Count:
    Bah...how come all these ghost stories happen in Texas? I live in Texas and have never heard of that story lol. Only one i've heard of was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre! Saw the house it happened in.....creepy house. They tore it down tho. Anyhoo..just complaining. Don't listen to me.

*~IhateSubway~*
  13. traveler Ghost

Message Count:
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre actually ocurred? I thought it was just a movie....similar to Friday the 13th. What did really happen?

But is the house it ocurred in, haunted?

can meet again"
  14. IhateSubway Ghost

Message Count:
    Yes it really occured...i'm not sure if the house is actually haunted, but all i know is it is REALLY REALLY CREEPY. But they tore it down and built a new one to make the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie.

*~IhateSubway~*
  15. traveler Ghost

Message Count:
    wow! from the name I can tell a lot of people was killed in that house. I bet the new house is haunted as well.

can meet again"
  16. Chula6971 Ghost

Message Count:
    Where in Texas do you live Subway? I lived in San Antonio for about 9-10 yrs and I heard and saw all kinds of weird sh!t down on the southside of San Antonio. There was Midgit Mansion, The Donkey Lady Bridge, The tracks..this one is more famous than the others.
    Back in the 1960s (back then they didn't have those signals to keep people from crossing the tracks) a bus full of kids was coming up to a set of train tracks, there was a train coming and the bus driver thought he could beat the train, well the bus got half way over the tracks, stalled and all the kids in the bus got killed. The names of the streets there are named after the children who got killed.
    The way the story goes now, is that if you were to drive up the road about 20 yards, put your car in neutral the kids will push your car over the tracks. No it isn't downhill either so it's not gravity pulling you, it doesn't look it unless you get out and walk the road but there is a slight incline, and the incline is too much for any car to go up it on it's own.
    Also if you were to go there, you'll see people with flour dusted on the back of their cars. They do this so they can see the hand prints of the children who push the cars.
    I have seen the children hand prints myself. All of us in the car had put our hands in the flour that was left untouched on the car just in case one of us had touch that part of the car before we got in, and ALL of our hands were too big to have made that hand print.

[IMG]
    I've learned you can't make anyone love you, all you can do is beat the crap out of them until they agree to otherwise.
  17. Abby Ghost

Message Count:
    La lloroan might be a legend but I grew up hearing this story and it used to scare me soooo much! I mean if it's only a legend, then it's a good one.

Oh tha Chainsaw Massacre is so scary! That movie totally freaked me out because it was a true story. I don't think I would have the guts to travel by myself around Texas or anywhere else because of that move. That movie was just crazy!

18. Chula6971 Ghost

Message Count:
    I forgot one other thing...the movie The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was NOT a true story, it was based from a true story, but the story that it's taken from takes place in Wisconsin. Back in the 1950s.
    I found this link that tells more about it, and that Alfred Hitchcock's movie Psycho, was some what based from this case as well.

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/6923/truth.html

Unfortunately the images on the webpage don't come thru, and there's no way to right click on them to refresh them (at least it did for me)

[IMG]
  19. bodhi_l Ghost

Message Count:
  20. stormqueen29 Ghost

Message Count:
    The story of La Lorna has been told soo many times in soo many places it's not funny.

Most all of the legends come down to a woman who was desperatly in love with a man. Some versions say he was a bad man, and made her believe he loved her/would marry her, etc. Others say he was her beloved husband who was killed in some way.

In her grief and desperation, she drown her children, the only reminders she had of him. Some versions then say she either killed herself or die years later naturally.

Most agree when she reached heaven, God asked her where her children were. Ashamed to admit her terrible crime, she begged for the chance to find them. On the condition she could never enter heaven without them, she was allowed to return to search for them. However, the river had swept the bodies away, and she was never able to find them, and so to this day she wanders the riverbanks of dozens of southwestern towns, weeping and searching for her lost children, so that she may enter heaven.

Terribly sad story/legend. Personally, as the mother of three often exasperating but always loved children, I cannot imagine what would drive a mother to do such a thing.

This one ranks right up there with the Vanishing Hitchhiker legend in popularity.

Gale

Normal ? Bah ! Who wants to be normal ? We wierd people have all the fun !!