The Lightbulb Incident

Discussion in 'Ghost Stories' started by Anarchy84, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Anarchy84 Ghost

Message Count:
    Shortly after my Mum died when I was 14, my Uncle went out for a meal with my Aunt. While eating my sister walked in to the pub and angrily approached him about something I still to this day don't know.

Now my Sis can be a nasty one when she gets wound up but so can my Uncle. They were shouting at each other and saying things they shouldn't just to hurt each other until... BANG... One of the wall lights about 3 tables away blew and shot the bulb across the room and in to my Uncles lap burning his... Nuptials we shall call them... It stopped the arguement flat.

The theory is my Mum didn't want to see her Daughter and her Brother fighting so she stopped it.

My sister claimed the lightbulb and still has it to this day.

Oh yeah. It still works too.
    Returned likes this.
  2. Ellen_87 Spirit

Message Count:
    i think your right................maybe them shouting at each other, upset your mum and by throwing the light bulb was a way of telling them to shut up.

your mum shouldn't have to look down on you and your family and see that

soooo good for her for standing her ground and showing that she's still boss
  3. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Hi..

I am thinking your mom was not a lady to waste a lot of time thinking, "I should have done this or I should have said that." She was a lady of action who drove her point home in a manner that is not soon forgotten.

I think I like your mom.

Muriel!
  4. Returned Spirit

Message Count:
    “Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.” ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

By extension, one might add, blows out light bulbs from their sockets in pubs where your uncle and sister angrily quarrel. To this incident, there is a potential of poltergeist activity from either or both of the feuding kinfolk, especially, if there’s been incidents in the past or after that public event by either..

Safe journey
  5. Anarchy84 Ghost

Message Count:
    Muriel,

Your right she was a lady of action.
    She adopted 2 of her brothers and her sister when their Mum died and brought up 4 of us.
    She was a very strong woman.