The Protection thread

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by moonburn, Apr 3, 2008.

1. TheaDebra Spirit

Message Count:
    Mine is a simple little prayer and a visualisation.

As I say the following, I visualise a golden light around me, almost as if I am standing in a golden egg.

" Please God, in the name of Lord Jesus Christ, please put a circle of protection around me and protect me from all harm and evil. "

I also wear a small silver cross on a short silver chain around my neck. I never remove this cross and chain unless it is absolutely necessary.
  2. luna_light Wraith

Message Count:
    I, too, am a student in the "Keep it Simple" class. :)

I am less about objects and more about using inner strength/faith to "power" the object I focus on to help create an atmosphere of protection/evil repellant/cleansing. Also, I found overtime, it was hard to keep the imagery of protection and white light in the back of my mind all day to keep things up. It is very tiring, especially for tenacious beings that keep poking around the wall, trying to get back 'in'.

So I found rock salt as a focal point, which is also known for its protective abilities. I sprinkle it where I think it needs to be and do the following:

Meditate with the imagery of white light coming from the Earth and into the salt. The light surrounds the room/house/whatever. If I feel the house is under attack, I'll have put the salt in the four corners of the property and not just a singular room.

Imagine the salt absorbing the purity of the light and emanating that light on its own. I imagine the light meeting, forming a perfect, seemless bubble from the salt.

I then imagine all negativity within the seamless bubble repelled outward and blocked from re-entry by the wall of light.

I also imagine any negativity (which might be an attractant for nasty beings) within myself draining out of my body and harmlessly into the earth.

Sometimes I will sage afterwards if I think there's a need or just because I like the smell. :)

If I feel the wall fading (and they do with inattention) I just imagine re-powering the salt. I do this at work, driving, etc. Takes no real attention from what I'm doing.

That's it.

Over the years I've gotten this process down to take about 5 mins and usually do it while sage-ing if I do sage. :)
  3. PaulDaleRoberts Spirit

Message Count:
    Very interesting stuff! Great thread!

Attached Files:

4. Spirit Chaser Spirit

Message Count:
    Question as to what one wishes protection from? To me that dictates just how elobrate one I use and why I feel the need for it. Most books on "magic" cite a "prayer" before any "spell work" is done, as for "higher magic" it is mandatory but that is in another ballpark.
  5. paranormaltrey Ghost

Message Count:
    Protection? This might sound crazy but I never tried meditating and enhancing anything spiritual although I am a paranormal fan. When I get the strange and threatened feeling my instinct tells me to ready my body for anything..kinda like playing tennis..the feeling or the readiness stance or the state of adrenaline rush when you are expecting the ball to fly back at you. Often times when I walk on a deserted street I ready my mace spray even though when I feel threatened by a paranormal force.

But I'm very interested in learning how to enhance my spiritual energy...however it could be real hard because I'm an atheist (who believes in ghosts and spirits).
  6. Pa Paranormal Association Ghost

Message Count:
    Princesa78, oh I wish I lived near the beach! The ocean is a wonderful way of cleansing. My best friend was recently at the beach during the full moon and she bottled some of the ocean water that was in the beam of the full moon for future use.

I agree to some extent, Jyonkwai. My best mode of protection is simply my intent to be protected. During investigations, I do not allow ghosts to harm me (although I do sometimes allow them to touch me or use my energy to communicate, but only with no harm.) I've been asked before how do I not allow it. I don't really know how to answer that. I just don't and by knowing I don't then doesn't allow them to, if that makes sense. Same with ghosts following us home, I simply don't allow it. For example.....
    Now, I'm not overly "sensitive", but sometimes I just get feelings and have to go with it, so this all may have been my imagination, but *shrug* it doesn't matter. When coming home from an investigation, I "felt" a spirit of a boy with me. Just a knowing that he came from the home I was just at. I explained, out loud, I'm sorry, he's not welcome to come home with me, I attempted to help him cross over, but basically said, I hope he crosses over, but no matter what, he can't stay here.

However, Jyonkwai, if my intent is that this "religious object" will protect me, won't my intent make it so it does protect?

Trey, if you are an atheist, how do you believe in ghosts and spirits? I'm not trying to be snarky or rude, I don't understand. I'm truly trying to understand where you're coming from and how there could be spirits without a higher power.

In addition, I do ask for protection from spirit guides, angels, passed on relatives/friends. I may use certain religious jewelry pieces when I feel the need. Perhaps white candles, sage, sea salt. I go by what I get a "feel" for. I can't really explain why I choose what I choose, and I may go to the same location a second time, but feel the need to use something different. What I use most of all, however, is my intent for protection.

Blessings,
    Mindy
  7. zxcvb Ghost

Message Count:
    I have a fair few, If i get totally freaked out by a presence i where my rosary, have a bible next to my bed. And say a prayer before i go to sleep. Or call on spirit guide, loved ones. Visualize a bright white light surrounding me almost like a barrier, to the extent i can feel my aura to the extent of my whole bedroom with this light. And nothing is welcome etc. Or only of pure love and heart + light. It works for me before i started doing this i could never sleep and was always had stuff. Or i just say out loud not tonight you are not welcom lol. Apparently your supposed to treat it as if they were of the flesh. Im sure if someone you didn't know was just standing at the end of your bed in the middle of the night. You wouldn't just ignore them and let them get on with it. You'd ask them to leave. I never actually knew you could do this which sounds even more ridiculous but for me it works. Grounding techniques are very good, that aswell is to do with visualization grounding cords plugged into your first chakra releasing any energy around you down that + dispersing it. Theres a very good technique by debra lynne katz. I did that for my room and i had nothing for months. Its all to do with energy. You can even if it works for you some it does. Clap your hands really loudly once or twice in a room and that helps you can feel the energy disperse.
  8. QMGhost Ghost

Message Count:
    St Michael prayer and a little sage have always seemed to lighten the atmosphere. I think if you believe in it whatever the method then the effect is greater because you BELIEVE in its intention. Just my thoughts on the matter :)
  9. Summer's Child Wraith

Message Count:
    I keep a set of chimes hanging above my bed. Bells have always been traditionally associated with warding off negativity so I find those very helpful. Also frankincense which I love the smell of, is a candle I light whenever the air feels heavy. Along with those I keep lots of totems in my room especially ones of the Fae who I have always felt connected too. Finally just casting a circle is a really great way to balance and ward off anything in general.
  10. blacklace Spirit

Message Count:
    There is really only one way to protect yourself: stop inquiring into the paranormal. Seriously. If you can't and are born to see, then ignore all of it. If you don't give it the attention that it seeks, it will go away. There is no other way. Avoid any form of physical forms of so called protection, like symbols, necklaces, incense, candles, crosses, pentacles, etc. They work the opposite way. They serve as potential portals, for the reason that they are charged to invoke the paranormal by centuries of attention, Will and hexes that have been placed on them. By using these symbols you are opening up your protective aura. Oh, and I shouldn't mention it: certainly stay away from ghost hunting, evp'ing, ouija, and yes: even tarot.

But that's my advice. I learned it the hard way.
  11. Spirit Chaser Spirit

Message Count:
    Now that was interesting, esp. that Masonic" comment, I'll bring that up at the next "Blue Lodge" weekly meeting to see what comments I get from the other "Brothers" , as well with the Scottish Rite and York Rite brothers, to see if any have heard of that "symbol" , the "Square and Compass", cited above and used as the members symbol, shown to the right of any posted material by said member. If one wished to do some research, one might choose the "Star of David", to be best carved, at any entrance/exit of where one resides. There are numerous books on "magical protection" at almost any bookstore that is noted for "alternative religions","cultures", and the like. All are interesting, having a wwide ranging collection myself, but wearing them on a daily basis, I reserve for two, one "Egyptian", the other "Celtic" history. I have had few encounters with "ill fortune" but just to be safe, why stop wearing them?
  12. Amber L. Wraith

Message Count:
    How do you awaken a religious relic? That sounds extremely useful!
  13. Sir0n Ghost

Message Count:
    All,
    I am not a practicing Wiccan or a ghost hunter, I am just a man with a past. I come before you today seeking advice. I NEED help. I have been haunted for 20 years (hard to believe now that I quantify it) and I am at my end. Ive ignored it (as much as possible) until recently when activity has stepped up...Ive been afraid for a long time... I can provide plenty of additional detail but things have gotten worse for me lately which is why i am reaching out. I believe I invoked and invited in evil things to help me during my early violent years ( I experienced not committed) which has followed me with relentless precision. It has followed me EVERYWHERE, EVERY RESIDENCE! I am not sure though, ghost, demon, something else?!.. I have never been physically harmed, just psychologically tortured and harassed I feel. I experience loud noises regularly with no cause or noticeable effect, I have had objects go missing and reappear in impossible places, my bed is regularly "bumped" in the night waking me with its aftershocks. I have a hard time sleeping most of the time and sometimes even with sleeping drugs snap wide awake with ominous feelings, maybe its just fear, I dunno. I am constantly having extreme chill bumps during the night, wave after wave as i feel I am being watched intensely. This is usually after dark (late) lasting until close to dawn. I am skeptic but also a believer, and I cannot ignore them any longer. I want to embrace or end this. What should I do? Communicate? How? I don't want lax opinion here please..rather something real as I am dead serious.. if you can help please do...

I completely forgot to add my dog booker has reacted in an extreme manner to my kitchen, basement and back yard area many time....out of no where..like one second to the next...to the extend of whining and shaking from head to toe..its happened at two separate residencies....I had to carry him outside to force him to poty... =(

v/r
    desperately yours..
  14. Amber L. Wraith

Message Count:
    Evening. I'll be sending you a private message shortly.
  15. Sir0n Ghost

Message Count:
    How do i find it? I am totally new to all of this...the websight is nebulous..
  16. Amber L. Wraith

Message Count:
    Your inbox should have a red number next to it, its at the top right of the page. Click and done :) Welcome!
  17. jp Spirit

Message Count:
    So i'm a sceptic, so I don't know if these where figments of my imagination - or real.

Let's pretend it was real.

One night, in my bedroom, I could see shadow-figures, which had a bad feeling to them.
    I knew they were there, allways have been.
    But that night, they even touched me, and it felt really bad.

I sat right up... and 'rejected' them, I pushed them back with an imaginary shield, like a bubble.
    It worked, as I did not feel anything anymore.

To this day, I feel like I am able to permit these entities to get close to me or not.
    Amber L. likes this.