Unexplained flashes of light at night!!!

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by PunkMaister, May 6, 2010.

1. PunkMaister Spirit

Message Count:
    Thankfully unlike other people in this board who seem to have hauntings and paranormal stuff as nearly their everyday bread my encounters with what could be considered paranormal etc. have been pretty sporadic for quite sometime now. It was not always like this during my childhood and my experiences with the really old bed I slept in, after that bed was gone nearly all the paranormal stuff evaporated but not all of it obviously.

Anyway yesterday just after I went to bed and turned off the lights I noticed what looked like flashes of light emanating from the center of the roof of my apartment just about where the lightbulb is located, problem is there is no current flowing through the thing because it was turned off at the time, and it was not coming from the lightbulb itself either it was far brighter than the light the bulb produces. In fact they were as bright as a camera flash, they lit the whole freaking room! It happened 3 or 4 times before it stopped and at irregular intervals but it did happen. There was no smell of ozone or smoke from burning wires that one would associate with a short circuit nor the whirring sound such a thing produce as well. So I'm completely baffled as to this event source and origin.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

by the way: An option to subscribe to one's threads would be great.
  2. MurLag Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Good Morning!

Baffled? So am I, especially given that these flashes were bright enough to light up the room. That rules out reflections, that sort of thing. (I have no idea of the floor plan of this room, but I assume it is not possible that someone in need of a life and messing with a powerful flashlight or laser outside could have been responsible by shining it at the windows.)

I wonder if other previous tenants in your apartment had ever experienced anything similar, or perhaps even in other parts of the building.

Curious.. I think I would have found somewhere else to sleep!

Muriel!
  3. PunkMaister Spirit

Message Count:
    Well I don't have that much of a choice in the matter, I did immediately pray and reprehended whatever source of that might had been, when it all finally quieted down and I was calm enough again, I fell sleep. Still I wonder if anyone in this board has experienced anything similar, which is why I posted this.
  4. Kwester Spirit

Message Count:
    Reviewed my usual cast of suspects for this multiple flashing, and didn't come up with anything mundane or supernatural. Found some incidents in my skimpy UFO files that are closer, but am not going there without a little more info on them on either end.

-------------------------
    You can't fall off the floor
  5. PunkMaister Spirit

Message Count:
    a UFO without either a UFO, Aliens or such?
  6. georgek Spirit

Message Count:
    Reminds me of my UFO days, when a projectile went through the roof

Just like ozone and the smell goes after a minute.

Used to have many blue lights in the early days. These were big though.

These are called:- "flicks" similar to the film "Fire In the Sky"

(gives you a good radiation tan...lol)

The thing what you are talking about, usually happens when an entity enters a room or departs. These are usually picked up by the third eye.

One thing to consider though (I should not be saying this) is to make sure that you do not have a thermostatically controlled convector heater.

The thermostate switch usually gives a blue spark when switching on.
    This can light up a room...just a thought?

George
  7. PunkMaister Spirit

Message Count:

OK let's try to answer all this:

1. No there is no thermostat as I live in a tropical island there's no need for heating houses.

2. The flashes were not blue but white and I saw that movie too and I do not recall flashes in that movie but a bright light that shone on the guy that was allegedly abducted.

3. There was no smoke nor smell of any ozone that one could associate with a short circuit in the event that I witnessed.

And truth be told after I watched the movie "The 4th kind" I'm more convinced than ever that the so called "Alien/Abduction" phenomena is not of Alien origin as in Aliens from another world or even another galaxy but either Demonic or Inter-dimensional ethereal beings that can manifest themselves at will and are powerful enough to even abduct and do just about anything we can imagine and then some. Ethereal as in non corporeal.

But whatever was behind the phenomenon I witnessed stop shortly after I prayed and reprehended whatever may had been behind it that also points to a pretty dark and evil nature to whatever it happened to be. I'm glad that Thanks to God literally it stopped. Whether it was a demon, a spirit or some inter-dimensional ethereal being the important thing is that it was stopped.
  8. georgek Spirit

Message Count:
    Yes...I believe you. I was just speaking on a general basis. I am pro-paranormal and accept what people say...as I say:- "Why not?"

I am not sure about the word "evil", in your case. Praying to God, would not automatically denounce whatever was there.

Even anything benevolent would go if it brought you distress.

These things can be unpleasant and would sometimes be interpreted on your beliefs?

Things are not always the same.

George
  9. davec Spirit

Message Count:
    Whether it is paranormal or not, I'd certainly have your electrics checked out professionally just in case... we don't want your next visit to Ghostplace as a ghost yourself ;)

If it does start to happen again, could you possibly set up a video to try and capture it? It would make interesting footage if you can.

regards,

Dave

www.lunargifts.co.uk
    www.tiffanylunn.co.uk
  10. PunkMaister Spirit

Message Count:
    Well as I said given the absolute lack of smoke or smell of plastic or anything else buring, no whirring electrical short circuit sound, smell of ozone one can even remotely associate with a wiring problem I'd say that base is pretty much covered.

I hope it never happens again, once was disturbing enough trust me on this.
  11. davec Spirit

Message Count:
  12. PunkMaister Spirit

Message Count:
    Thanks, still the fact that what came out as a possible answer is somehow UFO related is pretty intriguing. There was no UFO sightings of any kind which usually accompanies this kind of thing when is related.
  13. husky Ghost

Message Count:
    My fiancee and I have also seen a bright white light, not flashing but rather a single flash on occasion for the last 12 months. It has occurred in two separate houses that we have lived in, only at night and only in the bedroom. We have logically and systematically isolated all possible light sources. The source is most definitely within the room. It mostly occurs while our eyes are closed but on 2 occasions and most recently I was wide awake at around 2am and witnessed it fully. We have blinds in the room on the only window and the flash was very obviously within the room. It has occurred in the room when the bedside lamps have been unplugged, when there was no bulbs in the sockets and when there have been no electrical devices present at all... I am determined to find a logical explanation for this but occurrences are fairly rare, far enough apart to forget about the previous one.. so its not something we think of often, just thought id share... neither of us have had previous experiences like this.. however coincidentally it only started about 4 month into our lease on the previous house, which happened to be a deceased estate, the old guy that lived there previously, had died there... probably suggestive and unrelated but thought id mention it...
  14. georgek Spirit

Message Count:
    I use to get similar occurences, most of the time back in the 1960s-1980s.

Not so much nowadays.

I even captured this happening LIVE on video (which I have attched to this forum) when I went for a ghost hunt at Trinity Church Lenton.

The light shot up from the ground, after I was warned by EVPS to stay away.

George
  15. lisantampa Ghost

Message Count:
    I have had the same *lights* several times. It has happened during the day and night. I am not the only one who has seen the lights as my daughter has seen them too. We live in a 101 year old house and have lots of activity alot of the time. Things go missing, getting touched, people talking to you or calling your name. You constantly hear your name being called. Then when you ask what the person needs they look at you like your crazy!! LOL it can get pretty funny. One time I had taken my daughter to the train station and I heard her call my name when I got home. I knew I had taken her so there was no way she was in the room. My husband heard the voice at the same time and said how is that possible if she isn't here? Trust me your not going crazy but I cannot tell you what the lights are only that your not going crazy. However, as I have seen you may want to go to your eye doctor just to be safe because some eye diseases can create a *flashing light* effect as well. Then if they say your eyes are normal then its a paranormal light :D
  16. Dean Wraith

Message Count:
    Hi Guys, I have been googleling 'unexplained flashes of light' since my experience on Tuesday evening and I came across this posting. Unlike most of the above I have not really experienced anything paranormal before so this incident has really stuck with me.

On Tuesday evening (26/04/2011) I was at my In-Laws house and four of us had just finished watching a movie. As the credits rolled we started chatting when a flash of light just manifested it self in the centre of the room but close the ceiling. My focus was on the TV which is mounted to the wall pretty much in the centre of the room, so as this flash happend I was in full view of it, so intense was the flash that I experienced light spots in my vision (much like looking directly into a camera flash). Myslef and my brother in-law caught it directly while the two others only saw it in their periphery. Now at the time of the flash, no lights were on and it was approx 10:30pm so it was also dark outside and the TV cannot put out that kind of intense light.

Was eerie stuff, so was just looking for some opinions.....
  17. jdox0776 Spirit

Message Count:
    I have seen similar unexplained flashes of light. At the time I could rile out lights from cars because the house wasnt anywhere near the road. Fast flashes of light bright enough to light the whole room like a camera flash. Everything electrical was checked out to be fine. Once the light bulb was somewhat illuminated, very dim much like how your tube tv looks when you first turn it off and you get that static when you touch the screen. I touched the light bulb and it had a very very low sort of glow though it was off, there was static coming off it. Almost like something was trying to illuminate it.
  18. Nixy Wraith

Message Count:
    Has anyone been able to explain these Unexplained Flashes of light yet? I ask because i've seen them at least 3 times now, twice at home in the conservatory and tonight outside at work. Tonight the sky was clear, there was no rain or thunder but there was a bright flash that lit up everything whilst i was talking to 2 collegues, when it happened i paused for a moment registering the flash thinking that was odd whilst waiting for the thunder that didn't happen, i slowly carried on saying what i had to say pausing again & asked my collegues "did you just see a flash of light then?" they said "yes i did."

one thing to consider is (and you'll probably greet this with sceptism like i did when i was first told it when i first started working there) my workplace is haunted. Doors move by themselves (non-automatic) mostly the sliding doors. the elevators move without anyone pressing the buttons, 2 members of staff have seen "a bright orb go through the ceiling down though the floor" whilst in the same room togeather. I've seen an upright shadowy figure out of the corner of my eye at least twice and directly in-front of me once, that one freaked me out because it was if it was just standing there staring at me. i'd posted about this experience in another paranormal forum last year or it might have been the beginning of this year i forget. anyway they pointed me to black / dark mass or whatever it was called and even linked a youtube video of a program that had this black mass captured on tape and it was exactly the same as what i saw on that day. However it didn't feel like it was malicious, besides on the odd occasion *it* has helped me on the odd 2 occasions by sending the lift upstairs to me whilst i was dragging a cage from the other side of the warehouse. on one of the occasions the lift was beeping because the door was open downstairs, then the door closed and the lift was sent upstairs, i got downstairs and there was a colleague cleaning the lift i asked him, "why were you beeping the lift?" he said "i wasn't, i thought it was you".

ok slightly off topic on that one but still just thought i'd put that up there to feed the sceptics.

Also the 2 times i saw the flash in our conservatory lit up the entire room although i'm not sure where the flash originated from either. we have had some things happen at home, bottles falling off of shelves, my bedroom door (which is a curtain...) lifted at the bottom right corner ever so slightly coming inwards simular to the size of a small animal like a cat or dog, there was no breeze at this time and all windows and doors were closed. on one occasion i saw a big ethereal orb / vapor orb ( it looked like the effect you see when heat rises off of a hot surface but in the shape of a ball) the size of a Football come into my room low to the ground, it walked to the right of me, stayed there for a couple of seconds then left on the same route it had come into the room by, later on that night i heard a thud on my pillow as if something had just jumped on it, i lept out of bed at first startled because there was nothing there and the thud was really loud. i remember when i used to sleep at my god parents' house their cat used to jump on the pillow beside my head so i think that whatever this is, may be one of the cats that belonged to the old lady that used to live a couple of houses down in our village.

Still i'm more interested in trying to find out what is causing these flashes of light now that i've seen them 3 times...
  19. Melissa Ghost

Message Count:
    My mother passed away 2 weeks ago. 2 nights ago my husband and I were going to bed when there was a bright flash of light behind us, much like a camera flash. It was coming from near a blank wall, so it could not have been a car driving by and there were no lamps of any sort nearby. Later on that night my bedside table lamp turned on by itself. My husband woke me up to turn it off. A little while later, it was back on again. I have been finding myself wondering if that was my mother trying to contact me. Just a week after she passed my sister was laying on my mothers bed, where she passed away and at 4:45 she felt something cold pass through her. It was at 4:45 a week prior that she had passed on.
  20. Mackenzie Saathoff Spirit

Message Count:
    So i just had my second known experience with this phenomena ( the flashbulb effect without relevant electricity) in my basement level bedroom. My lights had been out for hours prior to these events. the first was a week or so ago and occurred right above me. This light was preceded by a snap sound and after the light, it sounded like all the white noise was sucked out my window and the room fell silent which is weird as i have several objects like a couple of fans and a fish tank to make noise.. the second was this morning at 1:30 am however this time it came from my bedroom doorway, it lasted for what seemed like 3 seconds, the sound remained and this event was not as dramatic as the first... i have had no time loss. just loss of sleep.. I had an experience 3 years ago where i awoke to see the wind chimes in my room pulling toward my bed against the will of gravity and without the draft of wind i quickly did my best to ignore it. so far these three occurrences are the largest with relation to my bed.
    Have you heard of Sprites? they are a type of light phenomena although i don't believe it to be the same thing....as far as my knowledge goes these light occur when energy is being pulled, for what purpose and how exactly i am unsure.
    As far as i can tell things can quickly spiral downhill if you allow fear to be your dominant feeling, i get scared too but we can take comfort in knowing we aren't the only ones. Just because we aren't sure yet what it is doesn't make it a bad thing. Im going to research instead of sleep this evening.
    Wide awake in Colorado,
    Mack.